Sign in with
Your question

My first build!

Last response: in Systems
August 29, 2012 4:12:26 AM

Hello,

I just ordered the parts to do my first gamingish build.

I'm not a hard gamer but would like to have to option to play decently graphic intense games if i choose to. I been running laptops for a few years now and am just sick of them.

So, here is the build:

Intel core i5 2500k
MSI Z77A-G45 Intel Z77
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5
Corsair High Perform Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz2x4
ULTRA LSP650 650W ATX POWER SUPPLY
Cooler Master Elite 430
Seagate 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-6G
23" Samsung LED monitor open box for $100 :-D
generic Microsoft mouse and keyboard
and a cheap Sony DVD burner

THIS IS A BUDGET BUILD......I have finances in mind and wanted a pretty solid machine for the money i had....I plan on getting an aftermarket CPU cooler shortly, when i recover from this purchase, what would you recommend that's good and cheap? I also got 5 case fans that SHOULD all be able to fit in the case, hopefully this helps in lieu of the CPU cooler.

I didn't want to skimp out on the CPU and Mob because they are things i don't really want to have to upgrade in the near future.

I realize that i kinda cheeped out a little on the GPU but it seems pretty decent and was on for a good deal at tiger direct, will probably be upgrading when finances are better. I probably should have gotten a better PSU as well looking at videos and reviews.

SO....I'm just looking for some opinions on this, did i choose wisely? Reccommendations? Words of advice?

I'm super excited to do my first build and hope all works out nicely!

More about : build

August 29, 2012 4:27:46 AM

yeah, i kinda figured that out after the fact about the GPU, not sure whether i should return it and go with something better :(  .... and i did check out the CPU options but think the 2500k will do fine for quite awhile (I do realize that my bottleneck is the GPU), think my next splurg will be on a solid video card and liquid cooling.....i was keeping in mind the 10 here 10 there adds up thing....also shipping here from newegg is pretty pricey!

Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2012 4:31:38 AM

you will be able to play most games at high resolution with this setup...
m
l
August 29, 2012 4:44:44 AM

Also, looking at the size of my case and my Mob, I'm a little worried about CPU coolers (don't plan on getting one right away anyways)....the RAM I got is tall, and I've seen issues with coolers in this case and the ram....any recommendations?
m
l
!