Sign in with
Your question

Help Needed

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 12, 2013 6:53:11 PM

Hi , i have a new build but it won' post. It was working perfectly until this morning. LEDs on. Fans on. No video output on VGA, HDMI, or DVI. I unplugged/replugged the power cords for the board (both 8 and 24 pin). Disconnected everything including buying a new 500 watt ATX PSU, 1 RAM stick clr cmos removed battery, keyboard, VGA, and USB ... and case fans, Leds, etc. Moved memory cards around in the slots, both single and double. Didn't affect anything , but didn't affect video output either. What else can I try??!!!

MB ASROCK EXTREME 3 970
PSU ATX 500 NEW, SAME AS OLD ONE
CPU AMD FX 4170 Quad Core
MEM 8G x 4 ELITE
Graphic ATI RADEON HD6450 -1GB

More about : needed

a c 147 à CPUs
January 12, 2013 7:16:25 PM

Does your system normally beep after a sucessfull POST? if so remove all ram and see if you get the beep code for "no ram".
If no beep code and you're sure the power supply is good then next would be to replace the motherbd. Unless you overclocked the cpu then the motherbd is the most likely component.

If your system has never beeped (ie - you dont have a system speaker) then you need to test the video card in another system or try a known working card in yours.
January 12, 2013 7:29:30 PM

Thanks for the reply. i have replaced the power supply and changed the graphics card. i don't have a system speaker, so it does not bleep. i had thought about the motherboard. i guess I'll be replacing it. just thought as all the fans are running it might be something else.

Thanks anyway.
!