Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What kind of cable do I need for this setup?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 10, 2012 11:17:52 PM

Hello, I'm getting this monitor: and two of this video card: that I am going to be using in CrossFire mode. My question is, what kind of cable would I need to get to play in 120hz? Can I just use a DVI-DL cable and hook that into the DVI-DL slot on the monitor and DVI slot on my video card? Thanks.

More about : kind cable setup

Best solution

a c 87 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 10, 2012 11:31:52 PM

Dual-link DVI-D should be sufficient for 1920p @ 120Hz if I remember correctly. You should be able to hook it up to one of the video cards and the monitor and be good to go, but make sure that the DVI port is a real dual-link slot and not a single-link port that can accept dual-link cables.
July 14, 2012 12:29:07 AM

Best answer selected by theplasticbling.