Automatic Logon

When I installed Win XP I set it up so that it started without any input
from me and I can't remember how I did it. I am the only user with only one
account.

I have just installed a copy of Delphi 2005 Personal together with a large
wodge of MS .Net Server stuff which I don't understand yet and probably
never will. It seems to have altered my default settings but with no record
of what it has done.

The outcome is that I now need to click on the only account name so select
it before the OS will boot up.

Can someone be kind enough to remind me how I can get rid of this niggle
when I start-up Windows. I just want to switch the box on and sit back until
it is ready to go.

Hi

Download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx and
when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Autologon

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Phred Bear" <Phred@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I installed Win XP I set it up so that it started without any input
> from me and I can't remember how I did it. I am the only user with only
> one account.
>
> I have just installed a copy of Delphi 2005 Personal together with a large
> wodge of MS .Net Server stuff which I don't understand yet and probably
> never will. It seems to have altered my default settings but with no
> record of what it has done.
>
> The outcome is that I now need to click on the only account name so select
> it before the OS will boot up.
>
> Can someone be kind enough to remind me how I can get rid of this niggle
> when I start-up Windows. I just want to switch the box on and sit back
> until it is ready to go.

Thanks Will,

I'd forgotten that I used Tweak which was why I couldnt find anything in
the WinXP Documentation. It's easy when you know how but very frustrating
when you forget.

> Hi
>
> Download TweakUI from
> and
> when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go
> Logon>Autologon
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Phred Bear" <Phred@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> When I installed Win XP I set it up so that it started without any input
>> from me and I can't remember how I did it. I am the only user with only
>> one account.
>>
>> I have just installed a copy of Delphi 2005 Personal together with a
>> large wodge of MS .Net Server stuff which I don't understand yet and
>> probably never will. It seems to have altered my default settings but
>> with no record of what it has done.
>>
>> The outcome is that I now need to click on the only account name so
>> select it before the OS will boot up.
>>
>> Can someone be kind enough to remind me how I can get rid of this niggle
>> when I start-up Windows. I just want to switch the box on and sit back
>> until it is ready to go.

You're welcome.