Barely E-ATX Board into a Corsair 500R

Hey there,

I want to build a new system and from the start I only knew what the case should be: Corsair 500R. Now that i decided on the motherboard as well there's a small problem. The motherboard is an E-ATX factor: Maximus V Formula(12 inch x 10.1 inch ( 30.5 cm x 25.7 cm )).

What's confusing is that the ATX size is 30.5 × 24.4 so there's just that centimeter that could impact the I/O panel.

Did anyone fit a board of that size in the 500R? Any change this could work?

Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about barely board corsair 500r
  1. The Corsair 500R specs say it supports only ATX, mATX, not E-ATX.

This can work only two ways, either you keep the mobo and change the chasis, or you use an ATX.
  2. I know what it says. I just want to know if someone pulled this off or something similar.

The E-ATX specs are actually way higher than what Maximux has. The board will surely fit, the problem being with the panel.
  3. sounds similar to this set up.. notice how he loses half his sata ports because his motherboard is slightly to large?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/solo-ii-400r-buc-ravager-seiran,3274-3.html
  4. Thing is, that set-up is with the 400R. The 500R has a larger mobo "hole" I think. Anand had a setup with a ATX board and there's more room left than on the 400. I'm thinking that with 90 degrees SATA cables that side won't be a problem.

This is the build that i mentioned: http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4972/assembled.jpg
  5. Simple answer better safe than sorry get a different mobo or a different case
  6. bigcyco1 said:
    Simple answer better safe than sorry get a different mobo or a different case

I know. That's what I'm going to do eventually if no one did this before...
  7. I hear you and i apologize if i sounded rude wasn't meant that way i wish you good luck and hopefully it will all work out in the end!
  8. I asked Dave at techpowerup since he did a review on the board with a ATX case and he says it should fit. I'll make sure I'm able to return the case is something goes wrong though.

Thanks for the replies :)
  9. GreenMazinger said:
    I asked Dave at techpowerup since he did a review on the board with a ATX case and he says it should fit. I'll make sure I'm able to return the case is something goes wrong though.

Thanks for the replies :)

Did It end up fitting?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build ATX Corsair Motherboards Systems