Blacx docking station-esata drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

etwannabe

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
new install of win7 64bit, and updates current.
have added esata port via sata port on mob; but can't locate it in device manager.
because of this, I assume that is why I can't get the eSATA cable from blacx docking station to work. The USB cable works fine.
driver issue is only my best guess...help appreciated,and I am hoping it is simple fix. thanks

Solution

Hi All I,ve just bought a sata hdd docking station, and am running win7 64bit. I...

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Unless you Enabled SATA AHCI Mode and installed ACHI drivers during the Windows 7 install you more than likely wont be able to "Hot Plug" your Dock with E-SATA. There are a couple of options.

(1.) Get out your Motherboard Manual or download one, read about enacting ACHI Mode then re-install Windows 7 following MB Manuals instructions.

(2.) Google "Activate AHCI after OS is installed"

Edit: See next post

(3.) Turn off PC, plug E-SATA cable in to Dock and PC, Insert desired HDD, connect Dock to power supply and turn it on, Restart PC. Go to My Computer.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Enable the AHCI driver in the registry before you change the SATA mode of the boot drive. To do this, follow these steps:

1.Exit all Windows-based programs.

2.Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

3.If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.

4.Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci

5.In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.

7.On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

After this you’ll have to restart your computer, go to BIOS and enable AHCI. When you log in to Windows again, you’ll notice the installation of drivers for AHCI. Another restart will be required to finish the driver installation.

You should also check the motherboard manufacturer's website for the latest controller driver.

etwannabe

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

sounds like mob driver would be best do not want to face a[ 3rd] another insatall.
I don't even remember a prompt for AHCI, but was dumb on the function.
another issue- but my USB, links were lost?? & update/reinstall drivers, blogs, etc., offered fixes that were useless-any idea why.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I recently purchased this docking station as well. I have it hooked up to my eSata port but can't seem to get it to recognize the hard drive despite the registry change. (Was set at 3, changed it to 0, tried both with AHCI enabled)

After enabling the AHCI mode from the BIOS the docked hard drive now shows up during the boot sequence, but still does not get recognized in Windows. The manufacturer's driver install is quite pathetic (not even labeled correctly) and no instructions for the two apps it installs.

Does this method work with unformatted drives? Or should I format it with a regular port and then make the attempt.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

robandis

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010

Hi All I,ve just bought a sata hdd docking station, and am running win7 64bit. I have tried all the things above but nothing works.. So yes, I have come to the conclusion that its the lack of the appropriate software/drivers. The unit seems your usual non-descript from china, not even a name for the manufacturers :-(
Have any of you guys had any luck finding a solution?
Many Thanks
Robin

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS