US Servers

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 23, 2005 7:58:30 AM

Hi All;

I'm fairly new to WoW and I have looked all over their site looking for a
list of servers by region, i.e., US servers, Euro servers, etc.. All I find
is the main Realm server list and I can't tell by that list what regions
they mainly serve.

I'm in the Central Standard Time Zone (US), and I have started looking for a
guild to apply too that plays near this time. When I first started playing
WoW, I started on Doomhammer due to an RL friend. However, it seems that one
or two of the guilds I would like to apply too are Euro guilds, so I'm
guessing that I started on the wrong server for my time zone.

Can someone point me to a list of servers by region, if one exists??

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Ironrage

More about : servers

August 23, 2005 7:58:31 AM

use www.worldofwarcraft.com and check realm list (normally to see which
server are up / down). then go to www.wow-europe.com to check the EU
servers... (they r splitted up to german, french and UK one...)
BUT with a US game version u can only play on US servers and with a EU
Version u can only play on EU servers...
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 23, 2005 11:12:29 AM

"Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote in message
> use www.worldofwarcraft.com and check realm list (normally to see which
> server are up / down). then go to www.wow-europe.com to check the EU
> servers... (they r splitted up to german, french and UK one...)
> BUT with a US game version u can only play on US servers and with a EU
> Version u can only play on EU servers...

Ahhhh.....Thanks Max...I didn't realize that.

I realize this is gonna be a dumb question, but how is it that I found a
couple of guilds that base their play times on GMT +1 and I'm in Florida
GMT -6 ??. Wouldn't that indicate they were EU based, as in people living
in Europe but playing a US version of the game??

Thanks for your answer.

Ironrage
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 23, 2005 2:26:29 PM

US version came out some time before the EU discs.
so they had people send them to them.
or they bought them online.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 24, 2005 7:32:41 AM

"Optional" <john_barry74@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> US version came out some time before the EU discs.
> so they had people send them to them.
> or they bought them online.

Thanks Opt...mystery solved...(for me anyway)....lol
!