Your question

Graphic card thermal protect not working

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Fan
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 11, 2012 4:05:48 AM

hello all, i have a his 6950 2gb gfx and when i play bf3 my fan does not spin up to keep the gpu cool. yes the fan does work but if i want to keep my gfx cool i have to manually speed up the fan. so has any one came across this issue before? i have searched on toms hardware to see if any one has the same issue but their are way to many threads to look threw. i have stock cooling, arctic silver ceramic yes i know that stuff is crap. ill be getting tx-4 soon.

i used to use liquid metal thermal paste but i ran out :( 

Comp specs
motherboard: msi 990fx-gd70
memory: patriot memory sector 5 G series 8gb
Cpu: amd fx 4170 stock 4.2 ghz
PSU:kingwin 1020w
case:nzxt phantom (first gen)
cpu cooling: thermaltake silver arrow with arctic silver ceramic :( 

windows 7 x64

More about : graphic card thermal protect working

a c 106 U Graphics card
July 11, 2012 4:09:45 AM

have you tried changing the fan profile to a custom setting?
m
l
July 11, 2012 4:13:26 AM

dudewitbow said:
have you tried changing the fan profile to a custom setting?

i dont know where to do that at.
m
l
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
July 11, 2012 4:18:36 AM

you would use a overclocking tool to control the fan settings. you dont need to overclock but you can control the fan settings.(MSI afterburner is one such tool that people commonly use to control it)
m
l
July 11, 2012 5:04:54 AM

dudewitbow said:
you would use a overclocking tool to control the fan settings. you dont need to overclock but you can control the fan settings.(MSI afterburner is one such tool that people commonly use to control it)

ohh i see, no i dont want to use that. amd has the same to control the fan, my fan does not spin up when it gets hot. so i get errors because the driver protect it and shuts down the driver for a couple of seconds then my game crashes. so in order for me to play i have to use amd over drive to make the fan spin faster to keep my gpu cooler.
m
l
!