120hz Gaming Problem

korky

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hi guys, first of all here are my specs.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k
CPU Cooler: Noctua DH-14
RAM: G Skill F3-14900CL8-4gbXM (16 gb total dual channel, 2x4+2x4)
MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77
SSD: Gforce 120GB GT
GPU:2x EVGA GTX 680 Signature in SLI
Sound: Asus Xonar STX
Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Power: Corsair 1050HX
Monitor: Samsung S23A750D 120hz

Its a fairly new pc build, but im having an issue with my video. Whenever i play games and i make quick movements with my mouse, lines of red and green pixles outline some of the graphics details in the game, and this is happening for a variety of games. Its a 120hz monitor so i have it plugged in via display port to my primary graphics card. I tried using HDMI to lower the frequency down to 60 hz, and the issue doesnt happen nearly as much, much i can still see a little bit of a red and green outline when i make quick motions. Im not sure if its the gpu or the monitor, i have my gaming video settings maxed out to ultra where possible, I have the latest driver installed, even had a beta driver installed from evga, performed a rollback aswell, and still the issue persists.

Note, this red and green outline also happens when im watching movies aswell, where if there is a quick motion then the outline appears on some edges, and i also HAVE installed all the latest drivers for my monitor too.

Do you guys have any idea what might be the cause or how to fix it? Thankyou!

korky

Honorable
May 10, 2012
i do have a tvs with hdmi but they are all massive so experimenting with them will be very very difficult as pc is in another room. The best i can probably troubleshoot with is my old monitor with hdmi i guess.

Note: i also disabled the SLI (physically aswell) but the issue persists!

korky

Honorable
May 10, 2012
yeah ill give it a try with my other monitor, but here is a screenshot of the issue i was talking about (taken from cysis 2)

314703_10150962662469011_1460925390_n.jpg

korky

Honorable
May 10, 2012
yeah i tried using just one gpu but the same issue occured.

Also, I changed the response time on the monitor to 'normal' from 'fastest' and that fixed the issue!! but then i changed it back to 'fastest' and the issue is still gone :S! dont get me wrong, im happy but now concerned that the issue will just come back since i technically didnt change anything in the end, or do you think just by changing the settings then changing back to original can ACTUALLY fix the issue?