Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

druid armor

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Yo all,

I have a Night Elf Druid, so obviously I have Leather armor skill...is it
possible to train or learn a different armor skill, like 'mail', and if I
can, is it worth it?
Not sure if it's a stupid question, but I don't have a manual and I've
searched for answers elsewhere with no luck.
TIA.

--
http://silentrefusal.tk
or users.tpg.com.au/iaan_w

More about : druid armor

August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

only cloth and leather armor for u dude... (and for me ;-)
but in bear form i just hit the 10k armor.. so leather is good enough...
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote:

> I have a Night Elf Druid, so obviously I have Leather armor skill...is it
> possible to train or learn a different armor skill, like 'mail', and if I
> can, is it worth it?

No, it's not possible. You'll get the ability to shift to bear form at
level 10, which increases your armor (when in bear form) to 280% (+ 180%),
and the ability to shift to dire bear form at level 40 for a +360% armor
boost (giving you 460% out of every single armor point).

And yes, it would be good :-)

> Not sure if it's a stupid question, but I don't have a manual and I've
> searched for answers elsewhere with no luck.

Are you a hax0r?

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:

> Are you a hax0r?

perhaps he only bought the CD key (there r several shops that offer
this to play instantly / u send the money per paypal and get the key
within 1 hour and u can start playing...).
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:22:43 +1000, "Dragoncarer"
<wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote:

>Yo all,
>
>I have a Night Elf Druid, so obviously I have Leather armor skill...is it
>possible to train or learn a different armor skill, like 'mail', and if I
>can, is it worth it?

There are three types of upper level armor that were meant for a
specific class, however that being said any of the leather wearers can
wear any pieces except the leather/mail version which is Shaman/Hunter
mail wearing class specific . Tribal (druid), Elemental (rogue),
Dragonscale (hunter, shaman mail).

As a leatherworker, you can choose any 1 of the above. Choosing 1
means you can't learn the other two.

As for "worth it", well, I have a hunter who does tribal for my alt
and the guild druids because I want mail with agl and dragonscale
seems to focus on INT and STA which makes it great for shaman, but not
hunters (IMO). There are all sorts of mail alternatives for a hunter
out there so I won't miss Dragonscale.

If you are asking which leather work will make you money, the answer
is c.) None of the above. You'll make more money collecting the
materials it takes to make the various armor pieces and selling them
at the auction house to those making the pieces.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> Aside from the good armor, that bearform certainly has; you can't drink
> potions (alchemy) nor buff yourself (mark of the wild, which fortunately
> lasts 30 minutes) nor heal yourself. If halfway through a battle you
> decide you need to heal yourself, you've got a problem judging from my
> limited experience.

Incorrect.

Frenzied Regeneration is available in Bear Form. Top rank converts 10
Rage to 200 Health per tick. If you're out of rage, you can pop up, hit
Nature's Swiftness, Hit Healing Touch and drop back down to bear.
That'll give you nearly a full health bar in about 2 seconds. If you're
part of a group that has a healer and you're the Main Tank, don't try
that while a boss is beating on you. You'll be dead before you know
what happened.

> It is doable, but Warriors and Shamans are far better tanks in my
> limited experience. (Warriors can also taunt multiple enemies, very
> useful if you depend on a healer to keep you healthy.)

Warriors, yes. Shaman, not even in the same league *if* (and this is
important) the Druid has the gear and talents in to be a tank. Druid
tanks have all the same taunt tools a warrior has. Druids are easily
the 2nd best tanks in the game.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage
Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (40) on Stormrage
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Shane wrote:
> There are three types of upper level armor that were meant for a
> specific class, however that being said any of the leather wearers can
> wear any pieces except the leather/mail version which is Shaman/Hunter
> mail wearing class specific . Tribal (druid), Elemental (rogue),
> Dragonscale (hunter, shaman mail).

The Tribal LW actually has better stuff for rogues, too. Elemental is
mostly garbage except for the Molten Helm, which is an Epic recipe that
you can buy from the Thorium Brotherhood after your reputation is high
enough.

> If you are asking which leather work will make you money, the answer
> is c.) None of the above. You'll make more money collecting the
> materials it takes to make the various armor pieces and selling them
> at the auction house to those making the pieces.

This is true of all the skills. Alchemy doesn't make as much money as
herbalism, for example.

Regards,
Noal
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> I have calculated that, and then I would miss Vengeance and Moonfury
> (and while I am at it, hurricane).

Hurricane is the worst AoE spell in the game. Please don't make
yourself suffer. If you want AoE, get some trinkets.

> Not very useful in a group perhaps,
> but druids are always welcome I hope no matter how they are speced.

You will be expected to have Innervate. There's a good reason for that.

> BTW, Catform is damage dealing,

Actually, no. It's not. A gnome mage whacking something with a stick
gets more DPS. The Druid has the lowest DPS in the game. The form will
get a bump in the next patch, so that's cool. I'm even levelling a
druid on a PvP server to dump all Cat talents into it after 1.8 comes
out. Until then, I'd really avoid focusing on it. It's really the
weakest aspect of the class.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage
Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (40) on Stormrage
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> I don't want Innervate. It's too expensive (31 points in restoration).

Those will the best 31 points you'll spend.

> I want the moonfire and stuff.

You may be excited about Moonfire now. Trust me. That won't last.

> A healer doesn't appeal to me because I
> fear all they are allowed to do in a raid is stay low and heal. I also
> like to heal, but not all of the time. The most fun parties I have been
> in where with other (low level) druids. I have been in parties with
> three druids, and it was lots of fun.

Sure. But what's viable and fun isn't in the end game. Have fun with
the low end. Just realize that in the end game, there are two things
druids are really good at: healing and tanking. We don't get the
respect we deserve for tanking, but the situation is improving.

> I feel like I'm being reduced to a walking mana potion when I spec for
> Innervate. ("hey mana boy, get your ass over here")

Not like that at all. I don't cast Innervate on someone else when I
need it any more than I battle rez a rogue when the Main Tank dropped.

> Formost I like my character to be unique. And I don't want to be a drone
> in parties. I want to have fun, die a bit, laugh a bit, talk about what
> went wrong afterwards. I don't care much about DPS numbers if I got out
> alive and had some fun.

Sure. Just keep in mind that some of us old farts will keep hounding
you about the strengths of the class. ;-)

Regards,
Noal
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> I need that :-) I'll probably thank your guys for it later when I don't
> have to respec my whole tree for considerable cash!

That's one of the things I really liek about this game as opposed to
D2. Changing how your character is played doesn't require to reroll
your character (yay!) which required you to have a complete roadmap
planned out before you started. Rather daunting for new players.

Fact is, I do recommend you explore Balance until you get cat form and
the gear to go with it. Then, by all means respecc to full cat form
feral. After you've hit level 41 or so or sometime thereafter, you'll
be ready to respecc to Feral Charge/Nature's Swiftness and head down
the path of the Bear/Innervate path.

If you're afraid of being a full time healbot, there's no need to.
Tanking as a druid is hard work, but it's really rewarding when you
look at the Damage Meter and see you took over 50% of the damage and
the healer is ranked last at having taken less than 5% of all damage on
a run. There's nothing like the feeling of having accomplished
something that "others" have told you that you can't.

Regards,
Noal
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote:
> Christian Stauffer wrote:
>
>> Are you a hax0r?
>
> perhaps he only bought the CD key (there r several shops that offer
> this to play instantly / u send the money per paypal and get the key
> within 1 hour and u can start playing...).

I know, I wasn't really serious :o )

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote:
>
>> I have a Night Elf Druid, so obviously I have Leather armor skill...is
>> it possible to train or learn a different armor skill, like 'mail',
>> and if I can, is it worth it?
>
>
> No, it's not possible. You'll get the ability to shift to bear form at
> level 10, which increases your armor (when in bear form) to 280% (+ 180%),
> and the ability to shift to dire bear form at level 40 for a +360% armor
> boost (giving you 460% out of every single armor point).
>
> And yes, it would be good :-)

Aside from the good armor, that bearform certainly has; you can't drink
potions (alchemy) nor buff yourself (mark of the wild, which fortunately
lasts 30 minutes) nor heal yourself. If halfway through a battle you
decide you need to heal yourself, you've got a problem judging from my
limited experience.

Ratio: When you morph back, you will start dying at a very fast rate
(there is a reason you needed to morph back from bear form after all),
you have time to drink one healing potion and then you have to heal
yourself about twice at my level (l19), then buff yourself in case it
wore off and switch to bearform again.

It is doable, but Warriors and Shamans are far better tanks in my
limited experience. (Warriors can also taunt multiple enemies, very
useful if you depend on a healer to keep you healthy.)

I usually just heal myself halfway, switch to bearform and run off till
I get out of range. Or if I find a good place to die (and resurrect).

Thomas
- --
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iQB5AwUBQwsThwEP2l8iXKAJAQGnIwMgmFRAp75WDX2Up3QYv+Eo7FVHxCKXeJWC
3mEQAWTLI1vrK8qiKwbwktS6/+INmxItbtrSj88+crl/nBjKofp1mGBfnemGxnXF
E9+iJQbfFSrqH1buH/+nmRQvRYhKPMhFPsiI8Q==
=IBZs
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Noal McDonald wrote:
> Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
>
>>I have calculated that, and then I would miss Vengeance and Moonfury
>>(and while I am at it, hurricane).
>
>
> Hurricane is the worst AoE spell in the game. Please don't make
> yourself suffer. If you want AoE, get some trinkets.

After some respecs I also want to drop the Hurricane. Just currious how
it looks though.. Maybe I will take it for just a while and then unlearn it.

>>Not very useful in a group perhaps,
>>but druids are always welcome I hope no matter how they are speced.
>
>
> You will be expected to have Innervate. There's a good reason for that.

I don't want Innervate. It's too expensive (31 points in restoration). I
want the moonfire and stuff. A healer doesn't appeal to me because I
fear all they are allowed to do in a raid is stay low and heal. I also
like to heal, but not all of the time. The most fun parties I have been
in where with other (low level) druids. I have been in parties with
three druids, and it was lots of fun.

I feel like I'm being reduced to a walking mana potion when I spec for
Innervate. ("hey mana boy, get your ass over here")

>>BTW, Catform is damage dealing,
>
>
> Actually, no. It's not. A gnome mage whacking something with a stick
> gets more DPS. The Druid has the lowest DPS in the game. The form will
> get a bump in the next patch, so that's cool. I'm even levelling a
> druid on a PvP server to dump all Cat talents into it after 1.8 comes
> out. Until then, I'd really avoid focusing on it. It's really the
> weakest aspect of the class.

Formost I like my character to be unique. And I don't want to be a drone
in parties. I want to have fun, die a bit, laugh a bit, talk about what
went wrong afterwards. I don't care much about DPS numbers if I got out
alive and had some fun.

I am also thinking about what my next character will be. Maybe a mage
(though AoE seems dangerous in a party and I would definitely be a
herbalist/alchemist as a mage). Maybe a human rouge. So that's where my
hurricane and cat form came from perhaps.

I'm still experimenting with the game a bit.

hi,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:22:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Christian Stauffer wrote:
>> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Aside from the good armor, that bearform certainly has; you can't drink
>>> potions (alchemy) nor buff yourself (mark of the wild, which fortunately
>>> lasts 30 minutes) nor heal yourself. If halfway through a battle you
>>> decide you need to heal yourself, you've got a problem judging from my
>>> limited experience.
>>
>> With the appropriate gear mix, I can stand a fight against a level 56
>> elite for over 3 minutes :-) Done it multible times in Azshara now,
>> although those fights lasted only about 1.75 min. But I didn't use
>> all my tools.
>>
>> When I get down to 20% HP the first time: Bash (4s stun), pop out, heal,
>> shift back to bear, continue.
>
> Hadn't thought of using Bash like that. Thanks! I will try to use it in
> druid form also (since I'm tauren).

You mean "Warstomp", which can't be used in bear form. There's bash
which stuns one opponent (level 1 = for 2s, level 2 = for 4s) .

>> Erm... buffing? Thorns lasts 10 min and MOTW 30, why should someone
>> want to buff himself in battle?
>
> Sometimes I seem to be in continues battle when e.g. attacking sludge
> ven yesterday. I don't keep a count of the minutes that go by, but I
> usually run out of Thorns. I also forget to buff sometimes and at my
> level buffing too much drains manna you might need in battle. (I usually
> start off with some DoT spells, then go to bearform, which seems to give
> me less control of the situation somehow, then switch to tauren form
> again to finish them off with a Moonfire so they don't go and get help).

You buff up before you fight. Recover to full mana, fight (caster, cat,
bear, whatever) until you have to drink or your buffs wear off. Then you
recast the buffs, recover, rinse & repeat.

>> And why should a druid use healing pots?
>
> Because he can? I brew them myself btw. But I had to give up
> leatherworking and enchanting to be able to do that. Minor healing
> potions though, nothing advanced.

Hrm. A simple rejuvenation is instant and recovers about the same
amount of HP, but when you're an alchemist, yeah, why not.

> I only switched sides recently and didn't realize the Paladin
> (healer/tanker) counterpart couldn't wear plate.

Yep. Only leather up to 40, and mail after that.

>> Tanking IS NOT taunting. Taunt is there to immediately drag a mob
>> from another person. If you have to taunt either you or someone
>> else made a mistake, or you're in a tough situation.
>
> I'm still a noob. Mistakes are very common with me (and my parties,
> somehow the pl I meet always rush in and get me killed).

Wasn't meant offensive. Sorry if it sounded like it was.

Tanking is about keeping aggro, that means you have to use your
abilitites so the mobs want to hit you. Taunting doesn't raise
the amount of aggro/threat, it basically resets it and give you
some seconds to breathe.

>> Druids don't die. We're just not good in dying. And in killing stuff.
>
> I probably need to distribute my skill points some day. I won't go for
> tanking. I want healing and cat form.

Healing? No problem, 31 points in restoration to get NS and
Innervate and there you are. Cat form? You'll need very good
gear and still won't be anywhere near a rogue. Catform is a
nice DPS thing for a druid, but not very useful in an
instance group. Maybe it will be better after the upcoming
patches (1.7 increases catform damage, 1.8 is supposed to
make the feral tree a bit better).

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:04:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Noal McDonald wrote:
> Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
<s>
>>Formost I like my character to be unique. And I don't want to be a drone
>>in parties. I want to have fun, die a bit, laugh a bit, talk about what
>>went wrong afterwards. I don't care much about DPS numbers if I got out
>>alive and had some fun.
>
>
> Sure. Just keep in mind that some of us old farts will keep hounding
> you about the strengths of the class. ;-)

I need that :-) I'll probably thank your guys for it later when I don't
have to respec my whole tree for considerable cash!

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:10:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote in message
news:1124792524.085744.95210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> only cloth and leather armor for u dude... (and for me ;-)
> but in bear form i just hit the 10k armor.. so leather is good enough...
>

k thanks! so...next question. how do u learn shapeshifting?
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:10:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dragoncarer wrote:
> "Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote in message
> news:1124792524.085744.95210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>>only cloth and leather armor for u dude... (and for me ;-)
>>but in bear form i just hit the 10k armor.. so leather is good enough...
>>
>
>
> k thanks! so...next question. how do u learn shapeshifting?

At level ten you can do a quest to learn bearform. With the horde you
need to get the quest from one of the druids in Thunderbluff (or
Bloodhoof, though probably in TB). And you go near the barrens where you
have to defeat some monster that appears when you use some sort of dust
on a rock there. It is soloable for the horde. For the Alliance it might
be a bit hard to get to the cave in the first place (Darkshore IIRC,
Timberlings those nasties are called?).

hth,
Thomas
- --
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iQB5AwUBQwsUXQEP2l8iXKAJAQFm3wMcDBvAjP+ODGVd9UeLYoTp21Vtn+m8v9SU
xnMagSwMVYWrpCaD9aORdvRjbCFkb37dlnLa1xHBwTcaF9h1+Ja9B2mPIdai/LBg
I4h1Syh8cgmC32l7eRCY+6tjh1j7NubAWDU9Iw==
=9MHP
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:12:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
news:430af9f3$0$1147$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch...
> "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote:
>
>> I have a Night Elf Druid, so obviously I have Leather armor skill...is it
>> possible to train or learn a different armor skill, like 'mail', and if I
>> can, is it worth it?
>
> No, it's not possible. You'll get the ability to shift to bear form at
> level 10, which increases your armor (when in bear form) to 280% (+ 180%),
> and the ability to shift to dire bear form at level 40 for a +360% armor
> boost (giving you 460% out of every single armor point).
>
> And yes, it would be good :-)
>

Thanks for the help!

>> Not sure if it's a stupid question, but I don't have a manual and I've
>> searched for answers elsewhere with no luck.
>
> Are you a hax0r?

OK....I had to google that to find out what it referred to, and no, I'm not.
Why did u think I am? Oh right...no no! My brother bought a copy and I'm
using the 10-day free pass friend trial that came with it!


>
> Chris
>
> --
> [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
> Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
> Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
> Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:45:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> I don't want Innervate. It's too expensive (31 points in restoration).

It's not expensive, it's just not in the path that you're about to
chose. When you spec a druid for healing, it's ... just there.

> I
> want the moonfire and stuff. A healer doesn't appeal to me because I
> fear all they are allowed to do in a raid is stay low and heal. I also
> like to heal, but not all of the time. The most fun parties I have been
> in where with other (low level) druids. I have been in parties with
> three druids, and it was lots of fun.

Up to.. let's say ZF (before Uldaman), you can basically spec whatever
you're up to, and noone should mind it nor would you perform bad. After
that, going balance will keep you from a lot of the high level stuff.

> I feel like I'm being reduced to a walking mana potion when I spec for
> Innervate. ("hey mana boy, get your ass over here")

Noone can reduce you to anything as long as you don't let them.

>> Actually, no. It's not. A gnome mage whacking something with a stick
>> gets more DPS.

Sorry Noal, but now you're talking out of your ass.
- > 400 "ambush"
- Steady 150-200 DPS with normal hits and "sinsister strike"
- > 400 finishing move
is hardly what a mage with a stick gets to.

What you're right is that noone wants a druid as damage dealer. There
are billions of damage dealers on every server that do easily twice
the damage of a druid and BEG for the right to come to a raid. While
there are simpley not enough healers/tanks.

>> The Druid has the lowest DPS in the game. The form will
>> get a bump in the next patch, so that's cool. I'm even levelling a
>> druid on a PvP server to dump all Cat talents into it after 1.8 comes
>> out. Until then, I'd really avoid focusing on it. It's really the
>> weakest aspect of the class.

Agreed. I only use it for cash grinding currently.

> Formost I like my character to be unique. And I don't want to be a drone
> in parties. I want to have fun, die a bit, laugh a bit, talk about what
> went wrong afterwards. I don't care much about DPS numbers if I got out
> alive and had some fun.

I respect this (we have a druid in our guild who's going balance too).
But you will see, at a quite late point in the game, that there are
people who care about DPS :o )

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 10:53:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:
<snip>
>> I feel like I'm being reduced to a walking mana potion when I spec for
>> Innervate. ("hey mana boy, get your ass over here")
>
>
> Noone can reduce you to anything as long as you don't let them.

Especially if they are faced with Cat form :-) Just a joke; cat form
beats casters who are oom though ;-) [except maybe the paladin]

<snip>
>>> The Druid has the lowest DPS in the game. The form will
>>> get a bump in the next patch, so that's cool. I'm even levelling a
>>> druid on a PvP server to dump all Cat talents into it after 1.8 comes
>>> out. Until then, I'd really avoid focusing on it. It's really the
>>> weakest aspect of the class.
>
>
> Agreed. I only use it for cash grinding currently.

I can respec later like Noal said, right? Does grinding up to level 55
get me enough income to be able to unlearn all my talent points and
respec as a restoration druid? I understand that each unlearn costs more
than the previous one and I don't have a good credit ballance in the
game as it is even now.

I found this on <http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Talents.View&gt;.
5*(n-1)+5*(n-2)+..+1. So putting 31 in balance and rebalancing to 31 in
restoration given I have 51 tallent points, gives 20 points to relocate
or 5*19+5*18+..+5*1+1== 5*(19+18..+2+1)+1=5*190+1=951 gold.

Respecing to Catform inbetween, seems like a monetary nightmare! I don't
think I will *ever* put anything in the feral tree..

Maybe if I knew beforehand that I could respec at e.g. patch 1.8 like
they did with the warlock last time ..

>> Formost I like my character to be unique. And I don't want to be a drone
>> in parties. I want to have fun, die a bit, laugh a bit, talk about what
>> went wrong afterwards. I don't care much about DPS numbers if I got out
>> alive and had some fun.
>
>
> I respect this (we have a druid in our guild who's going balance too).
> But you will see, at a quite late point in the game, that there are
> people who care about DPS :o )

I want to be an a druid only guild :-) And we'll sell our services to
other guilds for a piece of the action and our 'unique' qualities. We'll
be called .... (gets back on this once self has reached level 60 in a
couple of seasons)

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 10:53:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:53:44 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo"
<nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:

>Christian Stauffer wrote:
>> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:
><snip>
>>> I feel like I'm being reduced to a walking mana potion when I spec for
>>> Innervate. ("hey mana boy, get your ass over here")
>>
>>
>> Noone can reduce you to anything as long as you don't let them.
>
>Especially if they are faced with Cat form :-) Just a joke; cat form
>beats casters who are oom though ;-) [except maybe the paladin]
>
><snip>
>>>> The Druid has the lowest DPS in the game. The form will
>>>> get a bump in the next patch, so that's cool. I'm even levelling a
>>>> druid on a PvP server to dump all Cat talents into it after 1.8 comes
>>>> out. Until then, I'd really avoid focusing on it. It's really the
>>>> weakest aspect of the class.
>>
>>
>> Agreed. I only use it for cash grinding currently.
>
>I can respec later like Noal said, right? Does grinding up to level 55
>get me enough income to be able to unlearn all my talent points and
>respec as a restoration druid? I understand that each unlearn costs more
>than the previous one and I don't have a good credit ballance in the
>game as it is even now.
>
>I found this on <http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Talents.View&gt;.
>5*(n-1)+5*(n-2)+..+1. So putting 31 in balance and rebalancing to 31 in
>restoration given I have 51 tallent points, gives 20 points to relocate
>or 5*19+5*18+..+5*1+1== 5*(19+18..+2+1)+1=5*190+1=951 gold.
>
>Respecing to Catform inbetween, seems like a monetary nightmare! I don't
>think I will *ever* put anything in the feral tree..

That would be a nightmare!

Each time you respec your talents, you get all of your talent points
back. If you wait until level 50 to do your first respec, you'd pay
your one gold, open up your talent screen and find that you have 41
points free to spend again in any way you want.

Rgds, Frank
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:27:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:53:44 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo"
<nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:

>I can respec later like Noal said, right? Does grinding up to level 55
>get me enough income to be able to unlearn all my talent points and
>respec as a restoration druid? I understand that each unlearn costs more
>than the previous one and I don't have a good credit ballance in the
>game as it is even now.
>
>I found this on <http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Talents.View&gt;.
>5*(n-1)+5*(n-2)+..+1. So putting 31 in balance and rebalancing to 31 in
>restoration given I have 51 tallent points, gives 20 points to relocate
>or 5*19+5*18+..+5*1+1== 5*(19+18..+2+1)+1=5*190+1=951 gold.

Ack no!
You missed this sentence: "All of your talents and skills obtained
from talents will be reset if you choose this option.". It is one
payment to reset all, not one payment per point.

To put it another way: A level 60 who has put all his points into
talents and has respecced 3 times before can, at the price of 15 gold,
clear all three talent trees and get his 51 points back to distrubute
again.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 12:36:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Simon Nejmann wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:53:44 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo"
> <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>
>
>>I can respec later like Noal said, right? Does grinding up to level 55
>>get me enough income to be able to unlearn all my talent points and
>>respec as a restoration druid? I understand that each unlearn costs more
>>than the previous one and I don't have a good credit ballance in the
>>game as it is even now.
>>
>>I found this on <http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Talents.View&gt;.
>>5*(n-1)+5*(n-2)+..+1. So putting 31 in balance and rebalancing to 31 in
>>restoration given I have 51 tallent points, gives 20 points to relocate
>>or 5*19+5*18+..+5*1+1== 5*(19+18..+2+1)+1=5*190+1=951 gold.
>
>
> Ack no!
> You missed this sentence: "All of your talents and skills obtained
> from talents will be reset if you choose this option.". It is one
> payment to reset all, not one payment per point.
>
> To put it another way: A level 60 who has put all his points into
> talents and has respecced 3 times before can, at the price of 15 gold,
> clear all three talent trees and get his 51 points back to distrubute
> again.

That also wasn't clear to me :-) So for 1+5+10 + 15+20+25 == 76 gold I
can make all my dreams come true (be balanced/catform/innervate).

Thx guys,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
!