  • Customization
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 11, 2005 12:08:16 PM

I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as dual-boot including
Window XP? Is it possible to have two of the same OS's but one on each of the
seperate disk I have?

More about : dual boot

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 12:40:21 PM

In news:D E27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as dual-boot
> including Window XP?

Any that you want.

> Is it possible to have two of the same OS's but
> one on each of the seperate disk I have?

Yes.

You can also run more than two operating systems.

By the way, this has nothing to do with how many hard drives you
have. You can do the same with a single drive, partitioned into
two or more logical drives.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:17:27 PM

You need a separate license (Product Key) in order to
install Windows XP as a second O/S (dual-boot). Your
Windows XP License Agreement permits one installation
on one computer using the same liecense.

How To Create a Multiple-Boot System in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dan" wrote:

| I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as dual-boot including
| Window XP? Is it possible to have two of the same OS's but one on each of the
| seperate disk I have?
July 11, 2005 10:22:42 PM

Ken Blake wrote:
> In news:D E27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
> Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
>> I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as dual-boot
>> including Window XP?
>

> Any that you want.

Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 10:22:43 PM

In news:FVxAe.9826$ar5.7777@fe13.highwinds-media.lga,
Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:

> Ken Blake wrote:
>> In news:D E27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
>> Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as
>>> dual-boot
>>> including Window XP?
>>

>> Any that you want.
>
> Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)

No, of course not. Neither will any of the many mainframe
operating systems. What I meant, of course, is that any
operating system that you can single-boot you can also dual-boot.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 12:29:44 AM

Ken Blake wrote:
> In news:FVxAe.9826$ar5.7777@fe13.highwinds-media.lga,
> Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:
>
>> Ken Blake wrote:
>>> In news:D E27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
>>> Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>>> Any that you want.
>>
>> Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)
>

> No, of course not. Neither will any of the many mainframe
> operating systems. What I meant, of course, is that any
> operating system that you can single-boot you can also dual-boot.

I know, Ken, I was just being facetious. But, on a more serious note, it
does pay to clarify. I do believe that someone posted the other day asking
how to install Tiger on his 64-bit PC... I just saw the OP coming back and
asking how to do likewise.

No offence was meant... ;o)
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 12:29:45 AM

In news:KMzAe.214$RF3.202@fe15.lga,
Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:

> Ken Blake wrote:
>> In news:FVxAe.9826$ar5.7777@fe13.highwinds-media.lga,
>> Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:

>>> Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)
>>

>> No, of course not. Neither will any of the many mainframe
>> operating systems. What I meant, of course, is that any
>> operating system that you can single-boot you can also
>> dual-boot.
>
> I know, Ken, I was just being facetious.

Yes, I know you knew.

> But, on a more serious note,
> it does pay to clarify.

Clarification isn't always necessary for everybody, but just in
case it was necessary for somebody, it doesn't hurt. I don't mind
your adding clarification, and no offense taken.

> I do believe that someone posted the other
> day asking how to install Tiger on his 64-bit PC... I just saw
> the OP
> coming back and asking how to do likewise.
>
> No offence was meant... ;o)

None taken, as I said above.

Please reply to the newsgroup
July 16, 2005 4:32:18 PM

I have installed MAC OSX on a pc using a virtual machine program called
cherry OS, that is discontinued
but there is pear pc still alive.

Stop saying things cannot be done. Your mind spirit and soul is limited.

!