Dual-Boot?

I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as dual-boot including
Window XP? Is it possible to have two of the same OS's but one on each of the
seperate disk I have?
7 answers Last reply
More about dual boot

    In news:DE27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
    Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as dual-boot
    > including Window XP?

    Any that you want.

    > Is it possible to have two of the same OS's but
    > one on each of the seperate disk I have?

    Yes.

    You can also run more than two operating systems.

    By the way, this has nothing to do with how many hard drives you
    have. You can do the same with a single drive, partitioned into
    two or more logical drives.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    You need a separate license (Product Key) in order to
    install Windows XP as a second O/S (dual-boot). Your
    Windows XP License Agreement permits one installation
    on one computer using the same liecense.

    How To Create a Multiple-Boot System in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Ken Blake wrote:
    > In news:DE27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
    > Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >
    >> I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as dual-boot
    >> including Window XP?
    >

    > Any that you want.

    Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)

    In news:FVxAe.9826$ar5.7777@fe13.highwinds-media.lga,
    Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:

    > Ken Blake wrote:
    >> In news:DE27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
    >> Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >>
    >>> I have 2 hard disks. What OS's can I use together as
    >>> dual-boot
    >>> including Window XP?
    >>

    >> Any that you want.
    >
    > Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)

    No, of course not. Neither will any of the many mainframe
    operating systems. What I meant, of course, is that any
    operating system that you can single-boot you can also dual-boot.

    Ken Blake wrote:
    > In news:FVxAe.9826$ar5.7777@fe13.highwinds-media.lga,
    > Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:
    >
    >> Ken Blake wrote:
    >>> In news:DE27572C-1E2E-4B3B-B7E1-CE15AE0DCA9B@microsoft.com,
    >>> Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    >>> Any that you want.
    >>
    >> Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)
    >

    > No, of course not. Neither will any of the many mainframe
    > operating systems. What I meant, of course, is that any
    > operating system that you can single-boot you can also dual-boot.

    I know, Ken, I was just being facetious. But, on a more serious note, it
    does pay to clarify. I do believe that someone posted the other day asking
    how to install Tiger on his 64-bit PC... I just saw the OP coming back and
    asking how to do likewise.

    No offence was meant... ;o)

    In news:KMzAe.214$RF3.202@fe15.lga,
    Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:

    > Ken Blake wrote:
    >> In news:FVxAe.9826$ar5.7777@fe13.highwinds-media.lga,
    >> Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:

    >>> Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)
    >>

    >> No, of course not. Neither will any of the many mainframe
    >> operating systems. What I meant, of course, is that any
    >> operating system that you can single-boot you can also
    >> dual-boot.
    >
    > I know, Ken, I was just being facetious.

    Yes, I know you knew.

    > But, on a more serious note,
    > it does pay to clarify.

    Clarification isn't always necessary for everybody, but just in
    case it was necessary for somebody, it doesn't hurt. I don't mind
    your adding clarification, and no offense taken.

    > I do believe that someone posted the other
    > day asking how to install Tiger on his 64-bit PC... I just saw
    > the OP
    > coming back and asking how to do likewise.
    >
    > No offence was meant... ;o)

    None taken, as I said above.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    I have installed MAC OSX on a pc using a virtual machine program called
    cherry OS, that is discontinued
    but there is pear pc still alive.

    Stop saying things cannot be done. Your mind spirit and soul is limited.

    > Ken Blake wrote:
    >> In news:FVxAe.9826$ar5.7777@fe13.highwinds-media.lga,
    >> Miss Perspicacia Tick <test@test.com> typed:

    >>> Er, not quite. Mac OS won't run on a PC... ;o)
    >>

    >> No, of course not. Neither will any of the many mainframe
    >> operating systems. What I meant, of course, is that any
    >> operating system that you can single-boot you can also dual-boot.
    >
    > I know, Ken, I was just being facetious. But, on a more serious note, it
    > does pay to clarify. I do believe that someone posted the other day asking
    > how to install Tiger on his 64-bit PC... I just saw the OP coming back and
    > asking how to do likewise.
    >
    > No offence was meant... ;o)

Configuration Dual Boot Hard Drives Customization Microsoft Windows XP