UK online printing lab

Can anyone in the UK recommend an online printing lab? One where I can
upload photos and have prints drop on my doormat a few days later?

I'd like someone who would understand an instruction like "these TIFFs
have been pre-processed, so please send them direct to the printer."
i.e. someone who knows what they are doing, rather than just getting
their lab trainee to churn out prints.
6 answers Last reply
More about online printing

    "Derek Fountain" <nomail@hursley.ibm.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone in the UK recommend an online printing lab? One where I can
    > upload photos and have prints drop on my doormat a few days later?

    Hi Derek,

    The October edition of 'Digital Camera Shopper' mag has a review of some
    online and high street pic printers. Of the online ones, PhotoBox came out
    as being "...by far the best". The only issue seems to be cost, in that they
    are not the cheapest, if you get your pics done piecemeal. I have signed up
    with them by buying some of their 'bulk credits'. 900 'standard' pics cost
    63GBP if you go the credits route. All this is theory as yet, as I haven't
    got around to throwing any of my 2000 odd pics at them, but I feel pretty
    confident (tempting fate?) based upon the review.

    www.photobox.co.uk

    > I'd like someone who would understand an instruction like "these TIFFs
    > have been pre-processed, so please send them direct to the printer." i.e.
    > someone who knows what they are doing, rather than just getting their lab
    > trainee to churn out prints.

    No idea about that.

    Regards,

    Kieran
    Ely, UK

    Photobox are superb (www.photobox.co.uk).

    All prints are to my knowledge treated as preprocessed unless you ask them
    to do it for you (which costs more).

    I have used all sizes up to A3 with no complaints at all....

    John Ortt wrote:
    > Photobox are superb (www.photobox.co.uk).
    >
    > All prints are to my knowledge treated as preprocessed unless you ask them
    > to do it for you (which costs more).
    >
    > I have used all sizes up to A3 with no complaints at all....

    Hmmm, two posters both recommend the same outfit. I think I'll start
    there then. :o)

    Thanks.

    "Derek Fountain" <nomail@hursley.ibm.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone in the UK recommend an online printing lab? One where I can
    > upload photos and have prints drop on my doormat a few days later?
    >
    > I'd like someone who would understand an instruction like "these TIFFs
    > have been pre-processed, so please send them direct to the printer." i.e.
    > someone who knows what they are doing, rather than just getting their lab
    > trainee to churn out prints.

    I also use Photobox for all prints and gifts from my sports business. If you
    get orders to them before 4pm prints are generally back with you the
    following day.

    Just a word of caution. Make sure all images are in sRGB colour space. I
    started out sending them Adobe98 images and the prints were very flat. Their
    Fuji Frontier machines don't seem to use the embedded colour profiles and
    assume sRGB.

    Graham.

    ------------------------------

    Graham Russell Photography - www.grahamrussell.info
    ProSportPhotos - www.prosportphotos.com

    "Derek Fountain" <nomail@hursley.ibm.com> wrote in message

    I've had prints from Photobox up to 30" * 20" and would have no hesitation
    in recommending them. Large prints can take few days but it is worth it.
    Also they have an offer of 20% off large prints this month. I think they
    only except jpegs but I may be wrong.

    John

    Derek Fountain <nomail@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:
    > Can anyone in the UK recommend an online printing lab? One where I can
    > upload photos and have prints drop on my doormat a few days later?

    I've had excellent results from transpacolor --
    http://www.transpacolor.com/

    > I'd like someone who would understand an instruction like "these TIFFs
    > have been pre-processed, so please send them direct to the printer."
    > i.e. someone who knows what they are doing, rather than just getting
    > their lab trainee to churn out prints.

    They don't muck about with what you send them and the prints I've had
    from them (up to 16x12) have been excellent.

    pete
    --
    pete@fenelon.com "Obviously crime pays, or there'd be no crime"-G Gordon Liddy

Photo Printers Cameras