Opinions on Building a Gaming Pc Under $800

uthmank

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I'm looking for a opinions and tips for a first time builder.

As of now, my build will many be used for gaming graphic intensive games so i'd like them to run smoothly at all time.
My challenge is my current budget...which I'd like to keep under $800. As a beginner im not sure if what im asking is possible, since I noticed most gaming computer ranging $1000+.

So far ive come up with a build here:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xilh

What components will create a smooth, fast gameplay, and will play HD movies nicely on a big screen TV? I already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and OS as of now.

I haven't been a fan of AMD processo, my fashion has always been Intel but i'd still like know if an AMD chip is better for me, for my purposes.

Also, I'm located in Toronto, Canada so newegg.ca, tigerdirect and canada computers are my main stores for computer parts.

Thanks in advance.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

That computer will run any game fine, even at 1080p. I would recommend AMD if you were just using it for browsing and just a little gaming. The 3570k is the best you can get for the money. Other than that its a good computer and its perfect for what your wanting to do.

uthmank

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I have a big screen tv i wish to attach my computer while my other family members like watch something from the youtube etc, while i play video games. Would this video card handle two graphic intensive applications at the same time?

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

I would say yes, I have the Ti version and I have 2 1080p monitors and a 32" HDTV that run on it. Sometime I like to watch a movie when im playing or even netflix and it runs it just fine. I'm sure the non Ti should be ok with doing the same thing. If you can spend the extra for the Ti, if not keep the 660.