Sign in with
Your question

Server build under $300 [Uses in post]

January 13, 2013 12:23:11 AM

Hi, I want to make this post as short and sweet as possible, so, I want to build a server PC fit for my needs. I would like to host a Mumble/Murmur server, alongside a possible Minecraft/Terraria server. I already build a PC for my sister [Pentium G860, ASRock B75M-DGS, 4GB RAM, etc.] and I run Ubuntu on it just to avoid spending $120+ on Windows 7. :p  It runs it like a dream, and boots up very quick on a Caviar Blue. As for my server build, I am wondering of this same build will be enough to cover my needs (I will probably get 8GB RAM for the Minecraft server though :D ) I am wondering if I should get a high-speed Ethernet card because this is going to be a server. I would prefer a small case (maybe microATX :??: ) because this WILL be next to my gaming rig. Also, I would like for the build to be quiet, power efficient, cool, and stable enough to run 24/7. I will not need much storage, so I am considering an SSD. This will probably be running Ubuntu, or maybe even Windows 7. Please post a full list of parts and try to keep it under $350, if possible $300. Thanks!

More about : server build 300 post

!