Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Hello.

My recent build has:
- i5-3570k
- gigabyte gtx 600 oc
- 4x2 corsair vengeance ram
- gigabyte z77x-ud3h
- cooler master storm enforcer (case) with 2x200mm fans (front (intake), top (exhaust)), 1x120mm fan (back, exhaust).

I have only played one game with this system so far, CoH (original, opposing fronts, and tales of valor) on the highest settings possible (ultra) with anti-aliasing etc.

I haven't noticed much stuttering (maybe none- I think I am just being picky). I ran the game's performance "benchmarker" and got an average frame rate of 49.7 (min 22.6, max 50.9). Eventhough this is just an rts game, my pc does feel a bit warmer after playing this game for a couple of hours.

I am not intending on oc'ing (yet!), but do you guys think that the cpu stock fan is enough for this system or should I get an aftermarket heat sink fan (if so, what do you recommend)?

Thanks for your help.

Solution
The stock fan should do you just fine. If you are overclocking or are concerned about noise output I wouldn't worry about it. If you just want to do it just to do it. Don't get anything other than a hyper 212+ evo or regular.

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
The stock fan should do you just fine. If you are overclocking or are concerned about noise output I wouldn't worry about it. If you just want to do it just to do it. Don't get anything other than a hyper 212+ evo or regular.

Solution