NightShiftJay

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Hello,
Im having a code 43 issue with my GPU new out of the box. Also have gray horizontal lines on screen unless I disable the GPU. Should their be 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the NVidia drivers present in Device Manager?

Maximus 4 Extreme
i5 2500
MSI GTX 580 Lightning
OCZ ZX 850W PSU

Thanks,
Jay

No, that shouldn't happen.

NightShiftJay

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I researched the issue further before coming back to this thread and decided to RMA the card because I suspected a problem with the V-RAM and wanted to nip this in the bud. This made sense to me because windows could not detect the memory onboard the GPU. To clarify this was a swapped card that I received from a previous RMA. Worked fine for about five months then I had no video output and blue screen errors on startup, probably the graphics processor I was told. Right now I am using an EVGA GT 520. It works great but can't play games though. Thanks for your replies.

vikilaba

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Finally, I checked in with an old driver version 258.96 (with old installation wizard) and does not display CODE 43 in Device Manager with low-res desktop. But now its does artifacting on desktop! I try with the thermal compound (the recommendation to take the heatsink of the card, remove any remains of old thermal paste and clean the GPU and heatsink contacts properly and apply a fresh layer of thermal paste). I conclude from this that the new versions of drivers are with the built-in diagnostics for health of card and any type of error happens it reports CODE 43 to stop the operation of the device. I think this is generally in response to all of the same problem-HARDWARE MALFUNCTION:sarcastic: