Windows XP Style Color Scheme overrides Advanced Appearanc..

When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for example,
Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:

http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/

When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color choices
work. As illustrated here:

http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/

Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?

Janine White

Thats how it is supposed to work.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"jiwhite" <janine@stopcrime.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
> overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for example,
> Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/
>
> When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color choices
> work. As illustrated here:
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/
>
> Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
> issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?
>
> Janine White

Thanks for letting me know.

I don't get why we would have less options with a newer version, other than
Microsoft wanting to make or money on selling color schemes. Yet, I've only
found a couple of programs that are designed to change the Windows skin this
way, for example, WindowBlinds. Very disappointing.

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Thats how it is supposed to work.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "jiwhite" <janine@stopcrime.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
> > overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for example,
> > Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:
> >
> > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/
> >
> > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color choices
> > work. As illustrated here:
> >
> > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/
> >
> > Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
> > issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?
> >
> > Janine White

Don't forget, you have to have those programs running on your system in
order to see the theme. I would like to get more options without having
some other program run in memory.

> I don't get why we would have less options with a newer version, other
> than
> Microsoft wanting to make or money on selling color schemes. Yet, I've
> only
> found a couple of programs that are designed to change the Windows skin
> this
> way, for example, WindowBlinds. Very disappointing.
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Thats how it is supposed to work.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "jiwhite" <janine@stopcrime.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
>> > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
>> > overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for
>> > example,
>> > Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:
>> >
>> > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/
>> >
>> > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color
>> > choices
>> > work. As illustrated here:
>> >
>> > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/
>> >
>> > Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
>> > issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?
>> >
>> > Janine White

Explorer is an application. It is what I want to affect as much as any other
program.