Windows XP Style Color Scheme overrides Advanced Appearanc..

When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for example,
Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:

http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/

When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color choices
work. As illustrated here:

http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/

Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?

Janine White
5
answers
Last reply
More about windows style color scheme overrides advanced appearanc

    The links above may not work if you are not signed into flickr. Direct links
    are:

    Windows XP Style
    http://photos22.flickr.com/25290817_6a956277d4_o.jpg

    Windows Classic Style
    http://photos23.flickr.com/25292966_05429eda4f_o.jpg

    Thats how it is supposed to work.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "jiwhite" <janine@stopcrime.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
    > overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for example,
    > Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:
    >
    > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/
    >
    > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color choices
    > work. As illustrated here:
    >
    > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/
    >
    > Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
    > issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?
    >
    > Janine White

    Thanks for letting me know.

    I don't get why we would have less options with a newer version, other than
    Microsoft wanting to make or money on selling color schemes. Yet, I've only
    found a couple of programs that are designed to change the Windows skin this
    way, for example, WindowBlinds. Very disappointing.

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Thats how it is supposed to work.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > In memory of Alex Nichol
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "jiwhite" <janine@stopcrime.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
    > > overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for example,
    > > Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:
    > >
    > > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/
    > >
    > > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color choices
    > > work. As illustrated here:
    > >
    > > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/
    > >
    > > Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
    > > issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?
    > >
    > > Janine White

    Don't forget, you have to have those programs running on your system in
    order to see the theme. I would like to get more options without having
    some other program run in memory.

    > I don't get why we would have less options with a newer version, other
    > than
    > Microsoft wanting to make or money on selling color schemes. Yet, I've
    > only
    > found a couple of programs that are designed to change the Windows skin
    > this
    > way, for example, WindowBlinds. Very disappointing.
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Thats how it is supposed to work.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> In memory of Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "jiwhite" <janine@stopcrime.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    >> > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows XP Style, the Color Scheme
    >> > overrides custom choices in the Advanced Appearance selection, for
    >> > example,
    >> > Acitve Title Bar and Inactive Title Bar. This is illustrated here:
    >> >
    >> > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25290817/
    >> >
    >> > When Windows and buttons are set to Windows Classic Style, the color
    >> > choices
    >> > work. As illustrated here:
    >> >
    >> > http://flickr.com/photos/janine-white/25292966/
    >> >
    >> > Is there any way around the Windows XP Style color scheme customization
    >> > issue? Or, is it an XP "feature"?
    >> >
    >> > Janine White

    Explorer is an application. It is what I want to affect as much as any other
    program.

    "JFS" wrote:

    > Don't forget, you have to have those programs running on your system in
    > order to see the theme. I would like to get more options without having
    > some other program run in memory.
    >

    > > I don't get why we would have less options with a newer version, other
    > > than
    > > Microsoft wanting to make or money on selling color schemes. Yet, I've
    > > only
    > > found a couple of programs that are designed to change the Windows skin
    > > this
    > > way, for example, WindowBlinds. Very disappointing.
    > >
    > > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Thats how it is supposed to work.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Anando
    > >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > >> http://www.mvps.org
    > >>
    > >> In memory of Alex Nichol
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > >>
    > >> Folder customizations
    > >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    > >>
    > >> Protect your PC!
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > >>

    > >> "jiwhite" <janine@stopcrime.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message

Configuration Style Customization Windows XP