Sign in with
Your question

Display problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 11, 2012 11:24:00 AM

Alrighty. I'm having some trouble with my display. I have everything connected, and I've double checked, but when I boot up, my screen doesn't get a video signal. I for the life of me can't figure out why. I can change the video output setting to HDMI, DVI, or VGA and I still get the same message.

Intel i5- 3570k Ivy Bridge
ASRock Extreme 4
ASUS Radeon HD 7750
Asus VE228H 21.5" monitor.

More about : display problems

July 11, 2012 11:28:43 AM

Do you have another GPU you can test it with? Also, make sure you have the PCI-E connector plugged in correctly into the card.

If you do test it with another GPU and it still does the same thing, it could be the motherboard that is defective.

Sometimes, clearing the CMOS in the BIOS helps, you can do this by unplugging the computer first, touch chassis to get rid of any static electricity, then take out the button cell battery and wait a few soconds, then replace it to clear the CMOS.

If the other GPU does work and still have no luck with the 7750, then it may need to be replaced/RMA.
m
l
July 11, 2012 11:32:32 AM

I don't have another GPU I can use to test with.

m
l
Related resources
July 11, 2012 11:35:53 AM

Try clearing the CMOS first. Does your mobo have an integrated GPU? (VGA/DVI, HDMI on mobo). If so, plug your display to that port on the mobo and go into the BIOS and set the computer to use the PCI-E GPU.
m
l
July 11, 2012 11:51:14 AM

Tried it. Didn't work.

Could it just be the board is defective?
m
l
July 11, 2012 12:00:12 PM

Hold your horses! We have some on screen action.
m
l
July 11, 2012 12:06:43 PM

Is everything working now?

If it is, try restarting a few times to see if it's good to go or if it displays the same old symptoms. If it does, it could be the mobo.
m
l
!