Sign in with
Your question

Good Psu for under $100

Last response: in Components
January 13, 2013 3:29:46 AM

Ok so this is my first computer build and I'm a little lost on what power supply I need and what power supply I should buy. I am currently planning on getting:

i5 3570k
Cooler Master Hyper Evo
ASRock z77 Extreme 4
Kingston 8gb ram hyper x
WD Caviar Black 1tb
Gigabyte GeForce 660
Antec Three Hundred Two

I was think about a corsair tx 650 modular but I have heard that they tend to run load although that may be from falty fan controls. I was also looking at the hx 650 but would prefer to not spend the extra money on the hx. I would prefer a modular supply but would settle for non modular. I would like your advice on a good supply for this build that wont break the bank say no more than $100.

More about : good psu 100

January 13, 2013 3:39:03 AM

djangoringo said:
A good modular 650w psu for less than 100$ : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For the next five or so days I can get a hx 650 for around 81 dollars after rebate which is a gold rated power supply as compared to the bronze rating of the rosewill so is the rosewill that good or should i go with the hx.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 13, 2013 3:41:40 AM

If you can get the HX650 for 81 dollars, it will be better and a good buy, i don't see were's it at that price, but it's slightly better, so get that one, both will do for your system, but HX is plus gold certified vs bronze of the rosewill.
a b ) Power supply
January 13, 2013 3:56:46 AM

It's not bad, but it's still 100$ that you have to pay the discount don't reach the 19.99$.
With the rebate it stays on about that ~80$.
If you can pay it, why not...in the end it stays at the same price.
January 13, 2013 4:12:22 AM

I've been looking around and the new corsair power supplies seem to have a problem with chirping noises so i will most likely be avoiding corsair.
January 13, 2013 4:25:06 AM

Type corsair hx clicking noise into google or youtube and your will tine a ton of problems maybe they fixed it by now but i saw a recent thread about ten days ago that complained about faulty psu that clicked.
a b ) Power supply
January 13, 2013 4:33:35 AM

Well i gave a good one, like the hive 650w, but there's nothing wrong with the HX650, and that one is from a new series, it's plus gold now(the other model was plus silver).
a b ) Power supply
January 13, 2013 4:54:40 AM

Rioisbeast said:
I've been looking around and the new corsair power supplies seem to have a problem with chirping noises so i will most likely be avoiding corsair.

There have been some complaints about it, but it only a few users reporting them. When a company sells as many units as corsair, a defect that occurs once every thousand units is enough to generate a few thousand internet complaints. Its like DOA powers supplies. It happens, but it doesn't mean its common.

I don't see any reason to avoid them over this. If your one of the lucky few, just return it.
January 13, 2013 4:49:51 PM

Ok thats for the help guys I will be buying the HX650.
!