Stuck at "Authenticating"

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 23, 2005 2:43:42 PM

It seems when I boot up WoW and type in my Username and Password it goes
through the connecting stages and halts at authenticating,

Any suggestions on how to cure this problem?

Anyone else suffering the same problem?

More about : stuck authenticating

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 23, 2005 2:43:43 PM

"Ryan" <r701e@rogers.com> wrote in message
> It seems when I boot up WoW and type in my Username and Password it goes
> through the connecting stages and halts at authenticating,
>
> Any suggestions on how to cure this problem?
>
> Anyone else suffering the same problem?

This happens every tues morn and random times thereafter.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 23, 2005 2:43:43 PM

This has been going on since late Sunday. There are various posts on
Blizzard's site pertaining to this issue.
Related resources
August 23, 2005 7:16:10 PM

think all servers are still down this morning
August 23, 2005 7:57:34 PM

"Ryan" <r701e@rogers.com> wrote in message
> It seems when I boot up WoW and type in my Username and Password it goes
> through the connecting stages and halts at authenticating,
>
> Any suggestions on how to cure this problem?
>
> Anyone else suffering the same problem?

Every Tuesday they have maintenance from 5am US Pacifc for 6 hours. This
could possibly be what you're experiencing as your post is in this time :)
August 23, 2005 10:00:08 PM

Damn it! That's twice I've been caught by the weeklyish update and not
know what the hell is happening

zzzzzzzzz
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 25, 2005 8:27:47 AM

I was having the same problem I had updated the security on my computer. I
had 2 firewalls running, the windows firewall and a 3rd party one from my
internet provider. I removed the 3rd party firewall and it stopped getting
stuck. Not sure if that was the whole problem but it seems to have worked.
!