Gaming PC build, Advice/Compatble?

CHTerror

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Sup community?

I'm tuning in from my little cave in Sweden looking for some advice on this piece of hardware. Mainly uncertain about the power supply (want a "large" marginal so i can add/change parts in the future), and if the motherboard/processror/and the graphic card sympathise with the case and that everything fits and can be connected properly.

I've never build a computer before, fairly technical and friend with a computers nature overall. Hard? Mostly worried about what comes after it has been put together (drivers, setting the BIOS correctly)!
Case:
Cooler Master HAF 912 plus

Motherboard:
MSI Z77MA-G45

Processor:
Intel i5-3570k

Graphic Card (GPU):
MSI GTX 670 (with Twin Frozr IV)

CPU Cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (CPU)

Memory/(RAM):
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

Power Supply:
Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W PSU

Hard Drive:I had something like these to in mind: Western Digital 1 TB / Seagate Barracuda 1 TB

SSD:
Not sure, been thinking of it. Is it worth it? Afterall they are kind of expensive when they're not really needed.

I've been thinking about getting a Mac OS, how would that affect performance wise for games and more heavy programs like photoshop when running on a self-built PC?
If not Mac Os, a normal windows license will be needed!

Approximate Purchase Date:
A month before Christmas or so, perhaps its better to say around Christmas.

Budget Range:
2 000 USD

System Usage:
Gaming.

Overclocking:
Absolutly, perhaps not in a while, not to happy OC'ing when the parts are all new. But later when its more "needed".

SLI:
No, i'll never bother using SLI/Crossfire.

Monitor Resolution:
1920x1080, might use a 2:nd monitor when using photoshop for example.

Additional Comments:
I want to be able to use this build as a foundation for future upgrades (I.E upgrading the parts that needs to and keep the old ones instead of purchasing everything new again).

everything there is fine, Only thing I'd change is the CoolerMaster PSU. I'd get an Antec HCG 650W , or Seasonic S12 II 620W instead, which will still be enough to SLI your 670 later

As for an SSD, at this price range, you should almost certainly get an SSD of 180 to 256 GB for your OS and major programs.

If you want to play games, you gotta go for Windows