Which Red LED Case Fans

Jobie111

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hello, I currently have the Cooler Master Scout case with the stock case fans. Either the fans have always been noisy and I never noticed until now, or after two years they are wearing out but either way they need to be replaced. I have read several fan roundups to find the best fans. However, I am not only looking for silent and effective fans, but ones with excellent red LEDs. Does anyone have suggestions on good ones? I have always been disappointed in how dull the stock ones are, so I would like ones that are nice and bright, and are actually red, not pink-ish or orange-ish. Obviously silent and effectiveness is important too. Right now I am leaning toward the BitFenix Spectres (not the pro version because I read the regular ones are quieter). I need two 120mm and two 140mm.

Aerocool Sharks! VERY nice fans!

You can see the difference between the Shark and the Cooler Master fan.
img3102k.jpg

(Shark top left, CM bottom right)

Damn my cable management was bad a few months ago.....

Jobie111

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

Wow, that looks way better. Just out of curiosity have you ever seen the red version in person? Looked at some videos of it on Youtube and they look like a true red, just wanted to know if you could attest to that or not. Also, in your experience is it quiet?

It comes with an LNA adapter, out of the box it isn't quiet,but obviously you can control it. With the LNA adapter it's virtually silent.

Jobie111

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks everyone for the replies. Those LED strips look cool, but I am not based in the UK. I might see if I can find those in the States though. Would be a lot nicer than cathode.

Since they both had good results in varios fan roundups, I ordered one each of the Air Penetrator and the Aerocool and will see which one I like more. Figured why not with Newegg's 20% case fans coupon.

Those Enermax ones look a little crazy. Nothing like a light show in your PC case.