asus m3n78-em
8 gb ddr2 ram
windows 7 64 bit
nvidia gtx 460 1 gb graphic card
---------------------------------------
i am thinking to buy a
gtx 4100 with asus motherboard am3 socket
i have heard about some problems with the motherboard compatibilty

advice i need is about the microprocessor that would be better for me I do gaming a lot such as crysis,gta-4,metro 2033 etc
and also iwill like to know about a mother board that you can tell me about..............motherboard should be compatible with ddr2
because that is what iam using right now
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard
  1. do not get fx 4100 at any cost.it is not good for gaming.please tell your bugdet
  2. ASHISH65 said:
    do not get fx 4100 at any cost.it is not good for gaming.please tell your bugdet

i want the price to not to exceed 10000rs for both cpu and motherboard. This is something i am getting in rs 8000
  3. nothing wrong with a fx 4100 the fx were actually made for gaming i'd look at a 4100 and new motherboard and ddr3 ram. should be around $200 USD or 10000rs
  4. ToKiiNz said:
    nothing wrong with a fx 4100 the fx were actually made for gaming i'd look at a 4100 and new motherboard and ddr3 ram. should be around $200 USD or 10000rs

no dude fx 4100 is not good.even intel dual core beats fx 4100,6100,8120

seee here - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-apu-benchmark,3120-10.html

fx 4100 is actually dual core its not real 4 core
  5. mohit_king said:
    i want the price to not to exceed 10000rs for both cpu and motherboard. This is something i am getting in rs 8000

you also need to buy ram as ddr2 will not support new mobos
  6. Best answer
  7. ASHISH65 said:

Oh my god, i am really confused right now because the charts that i am seeing tell you a different story,How ever i am considering everything and i checked on the intel 3220 and its a dual core, How come a dual core beat up a quad core processor that is relatively new to its design

with reference to http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-performance-comparison,3370-16.html - i can also purchase the fx 6100or 6200 just in case as it will not cost me a lot just 1700rs difference if you can suggest me a quad core from intel that can beat up both of these in terms of price and perfomance ...i will be more then happy to buy it but the dual core that you are suggesting is not convincing
  8. Currently there is no good amd quad core in that price range.intel the best quad core is i5.i reccommend you to wait for 1 month more because amd is going to release fx 4300 and fx 6300 in india.fx 4300 would be in your budget and it is performs good in games.my friend just wait more as it will worth it.
  9. DON'T BUY ANY AMD PROCESSOR THATS FROM LAST YEAR MAN IT'S GARBAGE UGHHH.
    Buy yourself a REAL CPU, go with a Pentium or Core i3, that'll really perform. Cores mean absolutely NOTHING, it's all about the architecture developed for the CPU, and the Pentium and Core i3 have totally better architectures.
  10. You can bring fx-4100 to get great performance with overclock BUT it'll draw power from your socket like hell! It almost near double of Intel power. Beside that, to keep close with Intel, you not oc it just for 300-400MHz, you need to push AMD far from their stock speed to perform par with Intel. And with that OC AMD cpu will produce more heat and you need great after market cooler to keep the temps low.

Conclusion, for gaming get Intel if you build new spec. You can get pentium G860 if you tight now (it'll deliver same performace like Phenom II) and upgrade to Ivy Bridge i5 later when your budget healthy enough
  11. ASHISH65 said:
    Currently there is no good amd quad core in that price range.intel the best quad core is i5.i reccommend you to wait for 1 month more because amd is going to release fx 4300 and fx 6300 in india.fx 4300 would be in your budget and it is performs good in games.my friend just wait more as it will worth it.

Actually that is the problem i fund a buyer for my old mother board and cpu and he wants immediate possesion by tomorrow so what ever i buy it has to be by tomorrow so i will really appreciate if could put some more research on it..........although i checked the best performing cpu's list there is one intel Intel Core i3-3220 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-3.html
    and then http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4170-core-i3-3220-benchmarks,3314-3.html

however i also checked this one where you can see single thread processing http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

let me also ask you a question on this if i upgrade to amd 4170 or amd 6200 will i find a difference in the perfomance of my games
    i am not looking fo a very high fps as i said earlier that right now i get 37-39 fps on high settings with gta iv i would just like it to go more smoothly and increase to about 50-60 even if a dual core helps me get there i will consider it
  12. No, they're still garbage CPUs due to architecture. You need a 4300/6300.
  13. If you want amd then wait and get fx4300 or 6300.in intel pentium and i3 does its job very well
  14. alright then suggest me some better options from intel...........looks like i have to go with the intel for the first time in my life ......but please suggest options that are compatible with gtx 460 and will be able to deliever some significant improvement in the perfomance and also suggest a motherboard .........budget would be 200$ that is the maximum push i can give
  15. Dude never look at specs that how many cores it has or how many cache.always remember 'benchmarks are most important than specs' that is why intel i3 3220 dual core beats fx 4100,4170,6100,8120.so you can think how intel cpu is strong.
  16. i3 3220 + gigabyte h61 d2h = 200$(in indian terms of money)
  17. pentium G860 if budget really tight
  18. Pentium g860 is not available in india.
  19. then pentium G630 is also very good. only rs.3300 and gigabyte H61 mobo for 3000 rs so total 6300rs
  20. I really appreciate everyones support on this i would have made a big mistake to buy the amd fx 4100 however with help from you guys i am going to go for intel 3220 ...........ashish i sincerely thank you for sticking through all the way but still i have a question for you ..............will i see an improvement in the overall perfomance with the gaming.................. and if am able to get intel 3240 will it be better then the 3220 or should i stick with the 3220
  21. Stick with i3 3220.when you will use this cpu and play games believe me you will be proud of yourself that you made right decision.go with i3 3220.
  22. Best answer selected by mohit_king.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus Motherboards