asus m3n78-em
8 gb ddr2 ram
windows 7 64 bit
nvidia gtx 460 1 gb graphic card
---------------------------------------
i am thinking to buy a
gtx 4100 with asus motherboard am3 socket
i have heard about some problems with the motherboard compatibilty

advice i need is about the microprocessor that would be better for me I do gaming a lot such as crysis,gta-4,metro 2033 etc
and also iwill like to know about a mother board that you can tell me about..............motherboard should be compatible with ddr2
because that is what iam using right now

mohit_king

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

i want the price to not to exceed 10000rs for both cpu and motherboard. This is something i am getting in rs 8000

mohit_king

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

Oh my god, i am really confused right now because the charts that i am seeing tell you a different story,How ever i am considering everything and i checked on the intel 3220 and its a dual core, How come a dual core beat up a quad core processor that is relatively new to its design

with reference to http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-performance-comparison,3370-16.html - i can also purchase the fx 6100or 6200 just in case as it will not cost me a lot just 1700rs difference if you can suggest me a quad core from intel that can beat up both of these in terms of price and perfomance ...i will be more then happy to buy it but the dual core that you are suggesting is not convincing

Currently there is no good amd quad core in that price range.intel the best quad core is i5.i reccommend you to wait for 1 month more because amd is going to release fx 4300 and fx 6300 in india.fx 4300 would be in your budget and it is performs good in games.my friend just wait more as it will worth it.

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
DON'T BUY ANY AMD PROCESSOR THATS FROM LAST YEAR MAN IT'S GARBAGE UGHHH.
Buy yourself a REAL CPU, go with a Pentium or Core i3, that'll really perform. Cores mean absolutely NOTHING, it's all about the architecture developed for the CPU, and the Pentium and Core i3 have totally better architectures.

ashharun

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
You can bring fx-4100 to get great performance with overclock BUT it'll draw power from your socket like hell! It almost near double of Intel power. Beside that, to keep close with Intel, you not oc it just for 300-400MHz, you need to push AMD far from their stock speed to perform par with Intel. And with that OC AMD cpu will produce more heat and you need great after market cooler to keep the temps low.

Conclusion, for gaming get Intel if you build new spec. You can get pentium G860 if you tight now (it'll deliver same performace like Phenom II) and upgrade to Ivy Bridge i5 later when your budget healthy enough

mohit_king

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

Actually that is the problem i fund a buyer for my old mother board and cpu and he wants immediate possesion by tomorrow so what ever i buy it has to be by tomorrow so i will really appreciate if could put some more research on it..........although i checked the best performing cpu's list there is one intel Intel Core i3-3220 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-3.html
and then http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4170-core-i3-3220-benchmarks,3314-3.html

however i also checked this one where you can see single thread processing http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

let me also ask you a question on this if i upgrade to amd 4170 or amd 6200 will i find a difference in the perfomance of my games
i am not looking fo a very high fps as i said earlier that right now i get 37-39 fps on high settings with gta iv i would just like it to go more smoothly and increase to about 50-60 even if a dual core helps me get there i will consider it

mohit_king

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
alright then suggest me some better options from intel...........looks like i have to go with the intel for the first time in my life ......but please suggest options that are compatible with gtx 460 and will be able to deliever some significant improvement in the perfomance and also suggest a motherboard .........budget would be 200$ that is the maximum push i can give

mohit_king

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
I really appreciate everyones support on this i would have made a big mistake to buy the amd fx 4100 however with help from you guys i am going to go for intel 3220 ...........ashish i sincerely thank you for sticking through all the way but still i have a question for you ..............will i see an improvement in the overall perfomance with the gaming.................. and if am able to get intel 3240 will it be better then the 3220 or should i stick with the 3220

Status
Not open for further replies.