Sign in with
Your question

GRAPHICS CARD Power Supply Requirments

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 11, 2012 4:24:04 PM

I HAVE JUST BROUGHT AMD HD 6670 GRAPHICS CARD. IT HAS POWER REQUIRMENT OF 400 W.

I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND THE POWER WATTAGE OF MY POWER SUPPLY UNIT. ITS MODEL NUMBER IS I-BALL LPE 223-400.

PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER MY GRAPHICS CARD CAN RUN ON THIS POWER SUPPLY.
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 4:35:11 PM

It does not require 400 watt. No idea where you found. In fact, it uses very little power even on load:

And yea, it should work with your power supply unit.

BTW: posting in CAPS is considered rude.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2012 4:38:18 PM

Please do not type in all caps.

It appears you bought the computer from this website.

Find you computer on this site and you can find the power supply wattage.

From a little googling, it appears that this is a 250w power supply. Nevertheless, I found this thread (the first google result) that appears to state that people have gotten a 6670 working on this PSU.
m
l
Related resources
July 11, 2012 6:48:07 PM

jsrudd said:
Please do not type in all caps.

It appears you bought the computer from this website.

Find you computer on this site and you can find the power supply wattage.

From a little googling, it appears that this is a 250w power supply. Nevertheless, I found this thread (the first google result) that appears to state that people have gotten a 6670 working on this PSU.

I am worried that my PC will get damaged...I just brought the graphics card today... Could u recommend me some cheap but effective PSU ??? i live in INDIA
m
l
July 11, 2012 6:49:16 PM

Sunius said:
It does not require 400 watt. No idea where you found. In fact, it uses very little power even on load:
http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_6670/images/power_maximum.gif

And yea, it should work with your power supply unit.

BTW: posting in CAPS is considered rude.

Ya i know that... i was desperate for a answer...sry...
what i meant that on the box its written 400 W or greater power requirment. So i am confused as to what wattage my power supply provides...help me in this area.
m
l
a c 195 U Graphics card
a c 121 ) Power supply
July 11, 2012 6:58:25 PM

Graphics card vendors tend to overstate power requirements in the [often futile] attempt to compensate for all the junk PSU-shaped objects out there that are not good for what's on their labels. A 250W PSU should be able to run a HD6670.
m
l
July 21, 2012 3:09:45 PM

Thanks For The Help !!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a new Power Supply Cooler Master Thunder 500 W
m
l
!