Sign in with
Your question

Boot mgr not found

Last response: in Components
January 13, 2013 8:52:00 AM

help please am a newbie trying things out. With windows 7 disk in and restart with boot from cd i get boot mgr? not found. How to fix this please. Cheers N

More about : boot mgr found

a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 9:05:12 AM

1st what PC are you trying to install Windows on?
If you are certain that your 1st boot device is CD/DVD then perhaps your installation disk is at fault. If you have access to another PC capable of downloading and writing to a DVD you could create another disk, or even create a bootable USB device if your BIOS supports booting from USB.
m
l
January 13, 2013 9:38:02 AM

dodger46 said:
1st what PC are you trying to install Windows on?
If you are certain that your 1st boot device is CD/DVD then perhaps your installation disk is at fault. If you have access to another PC capable of downloading and writing to a DVD you could create another disk, or even create a bootable USB device if your BIOS supports booting from USB.

hello and thanks for your prompt reply. pc is windows7 ultimate ,intel core i5 cpu 680 @3.60GHZ, 3.60GHz with 4gb ram, nvidea 250 gts card, gigabyte h55 motherboard and a 650 watt ps. I went into bios and made sure was set and saved to boot off cd. am trying to load/ copy new 2tb hdd. old one is too slow. i did install new hdd and ran 7 with 64 bit, but realised all my old hdd was 32 bit so reformatted hdd and started over, then this prob. Cheers N
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 9:47:28 AM

Bit confusing. Do you mean you reverted to 32 bit install on your new drive having already installed 64bit?
m
l
January 13, 2013 9:57:41 AM

dodger46 said:
Bit confusing. Do you mean you reverted to 32 bit install on your new drive having already installed 64bit?

Not yet, i just re- formatted(new hdd) to get rid of 64 bit and was trying to load win 7 32bit when "bootmgr missing" appeared. Have just been reading other threads and a poss cause may be dirt on disc, have cleaned and will try again. Cheers N
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 10:02:51 AM

Don't really see the necessity to revert to 32bit, all your data will be accessible on the other drive from the 64bit install....
m
l
January 13, 2013 10:06:10 AM

dodger46 said:
Don't really see the necessity to revert to 32bit, all your data will be accessible on the other drive from the 64bit install....

Okay did not know that, tha nk you for your time and effort. Cheers N
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 10:11:48 AM

You'll have to load your programmes again anyway to run them from the new drive, and that is all that would be affected by the 64bit install. All saved pictures/documents etc. will be accessible. Transfer them accross to your new drive, and then format it to get rid of the old Windows install rather than try to delete it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 11:41:07 AM

go into bios and make the hdd a primary boot device... if you have 2 you may have selected the wrong 1 as the boot drive. if you didnt then the hdd is corrupted.
m
l
!