Big problem with the Evga gtx 670 4g...

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Ok so yesterday i got the new gtx 670 4g from newegg. I took out my gtx 550ti and put in the gtx 670. Every thing was running good. But today when i got home i was playing some arma 2 and when i was at the main menu than my screen had green boxes all over it so i thought it the driver crash or some thing. But then 5 sec later my screen turned black. So i restarted my computer and then when win 7 was booting. But i can only get to the part when the blue,yellow,red,green dots form the win7 symbol than my screen has like a red and white line go through it than i get a black screen. So restarted it again and this time i did repair win 7 at the boot and it did its thing but that did not help. The same thing is still happening. So i took out my gtx 670 and put the gtx 550ti back in and every thing fine. So plzz help i dont know if my gtx 670 is bad or its something else.

system specs:
I5 2500k
win7
z68m-d2h motherboard
500w psu

Solution
I had the exact same problem with my EVGA 670 2GB. After returning the card and getting a new one, everything worked perfect, meaning it was a bad card (it couldn't be the PSU, because that's a HX750W :) )

Return the GPU. It's probably a defective one.

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

I am using this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182076
But if it was the psu why would it randomly stop working. wouldnt it just have not work from the start.

You need 30 Amps on the 12 Volt rail. Do you have two power cables plugged into the card? I see that yours only comes with one. Make sure that your card is plugged in correctly. I'm not a big PSU expert, but your specs say that you have two 12 V rails that add up to 31 Amps (15 Amps + 16 Amps). You need to be able to plug both rails into the video card in order to get the full 30 Amps necessary. Hopefully, someone with more expertise can chime in on this.
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1925/2/

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

I do have two cables connected into it. The two cables say PCI-E

^ It's OK, but for $5 more you get this ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

But before buying anything try the use the card in another computer, OR beg, steal or borrow a better PSU to check your own system out because there's no way to tell if it's a faulty card (it happens) or the PSU is just not up to the job (it happens frequently). Either issue will cause your problems and the only way to eliminate the source is to simply swap out parts.

EDIT, this belongs just under the OPs' Rosewill linked post-me slow;(

Here are the cables you have on your PSU:

1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V (P4)
1 x 12V (8Pin)
2 x peripheral Quick release connectors
4 x SATA
1 x Floppy
1 x PCI-E

You need the two 12 V cables connected to your card. The one with 8 pins will work (peel back the two extra pins) and the 4 pin one will work with an adapter, although this is less than ideal. The 1 x PCI-E listed at the bottom is not intended to power video cards. Again, this is not my area of expertise.

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
What are the connectors that come with the card. I have 2 of them one end it back with 6 holes and the other end has two white large connectors with 3 things coming out of them. And thanks for the help guys

nafoni

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I had the exact same problem with my EVGA 670 2GB. After returning the card and getting a new one, everything worked perfect, meaning it was a bad card (it couldn't be the PSU, because that's a HX750W :) )

Return the GPU. It's probably a defective one.

Solution

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

I think so because every thing was working fine than bam it just stoped.

I'd be happier with a better powersupply, running a powerful card off a converter is not a good idea, the Molex lines (big, white connectors) are really intended for fans and drives, not high draw graphics cards.

EDIT: Blast...Will you behave, Explorer!

Again, the issue could be caused by either, an overloaded PSU might cope for a while, then quit out-causing the problem-or it might just be a faulty card.
Cheapest option is to return the card, which is what I would advise for now.

The motherboard connector is the big one, 20+4 pin. The 8 pin adapter is for video cards.

Overall, I agree, something needs to be returned, one or the other. Might as well start with the video card first. BUT, you will likely still need to look at upgrading your PSU at some point. The cable count doesn't add up and using a molex adapter is not ideal.

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I start it in safe mode it works. I also just deleted EVGA Precision X. Than installed it again but i dont think when i uninstalled it my card went back to normal setting so how do i run EVGA Precision X In safe mode cuz i cant??