Sign in with
Your question

Cheapest Liquid cooling loop for GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 11, 2012 6:00:42 PM

What is the cheapest liquid cooling loop I can get for a gtx 480? Apparently air cooling isn't substantial enough to cool the beast.
July 11, 2012 6:14:55 PM

your looking at a little over $200 for a custom loop
July 11, 2012 6:19:28 PM

Do I have to get a watercooling block specifically for a gtx 480 or could I just a generic nvidia watercooling block?
Related resources
July 11, 2012 6:22:02 PM

i would reccomend a block just for the 480 B/C generic ones don't cover the VRM, so you would have to passive cool it, where as a specific block you just need to put the pads on :) 

edit: is it a reference (has a blower style fan) or is it non-reference, like an overclocked edition with a special cooler and whatnot
a b Î Nvidia
July 11, 2012 6:26:11 PM

Wrong section :p 

You're looking at a loop ONLY to cool the GPU? No cpu?
July 12, 2012 2:09:23 PM

Only the Gpu and yeah it is reference, very loud and very hot.

Thermalright do a vrm solution just for the gtx 480, so if i got a generic waterblock, would it work? And also where would I find a generic one as i'm not quite sure what i'm looking for?
July 12, 2012 2:44:14 PM

trollface said:
Only the Gpu and yeah it is reference, very loud and very hot.

Thermalright do a vrm solution just for the gtx 480, so if i got a generic waterblock, would it work? And also where would I find a generic one as i'm not quite sure what i'm looking for?

i would get a full cover block for the 480, that way you don't have to mess with passive cooling for the VRM
!