Anyone suddenly getting horrible performance?

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 24, 2005 12:21:35 AM

I won't bother you with droning on about the specifications of my
computer. All you need to know is that WoW ran superbly under these
exact settings since I started playing it.

I hadn't played for a few weeks, so I log on tonight to hang out with a
friend as he just looted an epic off of a lowly spider in Western
Plaguelands. I figured I'll do some missions. On my ride on the bat, I
noticed I'm getting HORRENDOUS framerates.

The only thing I can think of that has changed about my PC is that I
have the new nVidia 77.77 drivers. Has anyone personally tried these and
are getting bad performance?

Thanks.
--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

Hrmmm..... using the same drivers after a reinstall of XP here (new 64-bit
Athlon...).
My normally rock-solid connection has been beyond flaky the last couple
days - huge lag, lots of "Unknown Entity" in Org.... and a lot of
disconnects for no apparent reason.

"Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
>I won't bother you with droning on about the specifications of my computer.
>All you need to know is that WoW ran superbly under these exact settings
>since I started playing it.
>
> I hadn't played for a few weeks, so I log on tonight to hang out with a
> friend as he just looted an epic off of a lowly spider in Western
> Plaguelands. I figured I'll do some missions. On my ride on the bat, I
> noticed I'm getting HORRENDOUS framerates.
>
> The only thing I can think of that has changed about my PC is that I have
> the new nVidia 77.77 drivers. Has anyone personally tried these and are
> getting bad performance?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
> Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 24, 2005 6:36:33 AM

These issues are outside of just the normal annoying lag. This seems
like a performance issue or something.

I'm trying the latest Omega drivers even though they are a bit old.

--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 24, 2005 2:41:20 PM

On 2005-08-24 04:21:35 +0200, Shinnokxz <shinnokxz@charter.net> said:

> I won't bother you with droning on about the specifications of my
> computer. All you need to know is that WoW ran superbly under these
> exact settings since I started playing it.
>
> I hadn't played for a few weeks, so I log on tonight to hang out with a
> friend as he just looted an epic off of a lowly spider in Western
> Plaguelands. I figured I'll do some missions. On my ride on the bat, I
> noticed I'm getting HORRENDOUS framerates.
>
> The only thing I can think of that has changed about my PC is that I
> have the new nVidia 77.77 drivers. Has anyone personally tried these
> and are getting bad performance?
>
> Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem. Framerate dropped to 1-2 fps on the bat
rider, and even after that it stayed horrible. A reboot of my system
solved this issue however...
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

> These issues are outside of just the normal annoying lag. This seems like
> a performance issue or something.
>
> I'm trying the latest Omega drivers even though they are a bit old.

I got a completely new system, that's why I'm trying WoW out....XFX 7800GT
with the latest 77.77 drivers, new A'64 CPU and no performance issues. Only
lag. Sometimes quite bad. *sigh*
I wandered back into Dolanaar the other day...and there was noone there! I
had to run around the town for a few minutes before people suddenly started
fading into existence! It was kinda spooky....

> --
> Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
> Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.
August 24, 2005 6:04:33 PM

"Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message

> "Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
>> These issues are outside of just the normal annoying lag. This seems like
>> a performance issue or something.
>>
>> I'm trying the latest Omega drivers even though they are a bit old.
>>

> I got a completely new system, that's why I'm trying WoW out....XFX 7800GT
> with the latest 77.77 drivers, new A'64 CPU and no performance issues.
> Only lag. Sometimes quite bad. *sigh*
> I wandered back into Dolanaar the other day...and there was noone there! I
> had to run around the town for a few minutes before people suddenly
> started fading into existence! It was kinda spooky....

I just purchased a new computer a few weeks ago which is running the game
(and CoH) flawlessly even in crowded areas...I'm quite happy :)

Compaq Presario
A 64
1000 GB Ram
GeForce Fx 550 OC (cheap $128)

The addition of an extra 512 and the new video card has made all the
difference.

Dave
!