Anyone suddenly getting horrible performance?

I won't bother you with droning on about the specifications of my
computer. All you need to know is that WoW ran superbly under these
exact settings since I started playing it.

I hadn't played for a few weeks, so I log on tonight to hang out with a
friend as he just looted an epic off of a lowly spider in Western
Plaguelands. I figured I'll do some missions. On my ride on the bat, I
noticed I'm getting HORRENDOUS framerates.

The only thing I can think of that has changed about my PC is that I
have the new nVidia 77.77 drivers. Has anyone personally tried these and
are getting bad performance?

Thanks.
--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

    Hrmmm..... using the same drivers after a reinstall of XP here (new 64-bit
    Athlon...).
    My normally rock-solid connection has been beyond flaky the last couple
    days - huge lag, lots of "Unknown Entity" in Org.... and a lot of
    disconnects for no apparent reason.

    "Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
    >I won't bother you with droning on about the specifications of my computer.
    >All you need to know is that WoW ran superbly under these exact settings
    >since I started playing it.
    >
    > I hadn't played for a few weeks, so I log on tonight to hang out with a
    > friend as he just looted an epic off of a lowly spider in Western
    > Plaguelands. I figured I'll do some missions. On my ride on the bat, I
    > noticed I'm getting HORRENDOUS framerates.
    >
    > The only thing I can think of that has changed about my PC is that I have
    > the new nVidia 77.77 drivers. Has anyone personally tried these and are
    > getting bad performance?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
    > Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

    These issues are outside of just the normal annoying lag. This seems
    like a performance issue or something.

    I'm trying the latest Omega drivers even though they are a bit old.

    On 2005-08-24 04:21:35 +0200, Shinnokxz <shinnokxz@charter.net> said:

    > I won't bother you with droning on about the specifications of my
    > computer. All you need to know is that WoW ran superbly under these
    > exact settings since I started playing it.
    >
    > I hadn't played for a few weeks, so I log on tonight to hang out with a
    > friend as he just looted an epic off of a lowly spider in Western
    > Plaguelands. I figured I'll do some missions. On my ride on the bat, I
    > noticed I'm getting HORRENDOUS framerates.
    >
    > The only thing I can think of that has changed about my PC is that I
    > have the new nVidia 77.77 drivers. Has anyone personally tried these
    > and are getting bad performance?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I had exactly the same problem. Framerate dropped to 1-2 fps on the bat
    rider, and even after that it stayed horrible. A reboot of my system
    solved this issue however...
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

    > These issues are outside of just the normal annoying lag. This seems like
    > a performance issue or something.
    >
    > I'm trying the latest Omega drivers even though they are a bit old.

    I got a completely new system, that's why I'm trying WoW out....XFX 7800GT
    with the latest 77.77 drivers, new A'64 CPU and no performance issues. Only
    lag. Sometimes quite bad. *sigh*
    I wandered back into Dolanaar the other day...and there was noone there! I
    had to run around the town for a few minutes before people suddenly started
    fading into existence! It was kinda spooky....

    "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message

    > "Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
    >> These issues are outside of just the normal annoying lag. This seems like
    >> a performance issue or something.
    >>
    >> I'm trying the latest Omega drivers even though they are a bit old.
    >>

    > I got a completely new system, that's why I'm trying WoW out....XFX 7800GT
    > with the latest 77.77 drivers, new A'64 CPU and no performance issues.
    > Only lag. Sometimes quite bad. *sigh*
    > I wandered back into Dolanaar the other day...and there was noone there! I
    > had to run around the town for a few minutes before people suddenly
    > started fading into existence! It was kinda spooky....

    I just purchased a new computer a few weeks ago which is running the game
    (and CoH) flawlessly even in crowded areas...I'm quite happy :)

    Compaq Presario
    A 64
    1000 GB Ram
    GeForce Fx 550 OC (cheap $128)

    The addition of an extra 512 and the new video card has made all the
    difference.

    Dave

World Of Warcraft Video Games