Display properties background tab and custom locations

How can I add a custom location to the display properties background
tab? All my wallpapers are stored under D:\Wallpapers and I want to see
them in the background tab.
3 answers Last reply
More about display properties background custom locations

    Move the pictures to any of the following folders:

    a.. %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
    a.. %Userprofile%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub)
    a.. %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    a.. %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub)

    Or, you may try changing the default wallpaper directory in the registry:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

    Double-click the "WallpaperDir" value set the path accordingly. The value is
    set to "%SystemRoot%\Web\Wallpaper" by default, and does not accept multiple
    folder paths.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "phunkydizco" <phunkydizco@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > How can I add a custom location to the display properties background
    > tab? All my wallpapers are stored under D:\Wallpapers and I want to see
    > them in the background tab.

    I don't want to move the wallpaper folder.

    But changing the wallpaper directory in the registry is that what I was
    looking for.

    Thanks.

    >> I don't want to move the wallpaper folder.

    Thought so, but it's worth mentioning that method (might help others).

    >> But changing the wallpaper directory in the registry is that what I was
    looking for.

    You're welcome.

    --

    >I don't want to move the wallpaper folder.
    >
    > But changing the wallpaper directory in the registry is that what I was
    > looking for.
    >
    > Thanks.

Configuration Customization Microsoft Windows XP Displays