Display properties background tab and custom locations

July 12, 2005 9:34:25 AM

How can I add a custom location to the display properties background
tab? All my wallpapers are stored under D:\Wallpapers and I want to see
them in the background tab.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 1:57:54 AM

Move the pictures to any of the following folders:

a.. %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
a.. %Userprofile%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub)
a.. %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
a.. %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub)

Or, you may try changing the default wallpaper directory in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

Double-click the "WallpaperDir" value set the path accordingly. The value is
set to "%SystemRoot%\Web\Wallpaper" by default, and does not accept multiple
folder paths.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"phunkydizco" <phunkydizco@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I add a custom location to the display properties background
> tab? All my wallpapers are stored under D:\Wallpapers and I want to see
> them in the background tab.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 3:23:54 AM

I don't want to move the wallpaper folder.

But changing the wallpaper directory in the registry is that what I was
looking for.

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 4:03:35 PM

>> I don't want to move the wallpaper folder.

Thought so, but it's worth mentioning that method (might help others).

>> But changing the wallpaper directory in the registry is that what I was
looking for.

You're welcome.

--

!