Black Vertical Lines 6970 CF. Help!

zervium

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Hello, I have been getting freezes playing games like Starcraft 2, Arma 2, and even LoL once. Almost all of them lock my computer, and change the display into a form of vertical lines, 80% of the time being black lines, and the other 20, yellow or green. *EDIT* Too add to this, half the time, the freezes are instant, and the other half about 10 seconds later. I have been on skype with friends and I can inform them my computer freezes, shortly followed by the hard freeze.

I HAVE been getting driver crashes alt tabbing in and out of certain games, and I'm leaning towards drivers atm. I have a 850W corsair PSU, with factory clocked 6970 (Twin frozr which are 940Mhz a piece) along with an i52500k@3.3Ghz.

Some things to note, the temp of my top card under FurMark reaches about 88C, and the bottom 75C. I have never had problems with any games in the past. Doing some searching myself, I can't tell if it is my PSU going bad, my graphics card failing, or bad drivers.

Please if anyone has any suggestions, would be much appreciated. Thank you!

zervium

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
OK. I tested both GPU's. I first tested GPU 1, which ran at about 110-125 fps in Starcraft 2 maxed, with about 68C being the peak of it's temp. Now on the second GPU, surprisingly, I got about 120-130 fps, and it peaked at 73C.

Neither of which got me vertical lines. Does this mean it is a heat problem for when I have CF enabled?
IDK, starcraft 2 in CF, only peaks low 80's.

I also wanted to add, this has been a recent problem (within past couple weeks), I built this computer about a year ago.

Any suggestions would be very welcomed. Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS