athalus

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
i need help. i have an HP9150 (8x4x32) cd-rw and i can't erase the cd-rw with the software i'm using (my cd). i'm useing to b/u my saves from arcanum and diablo 2 and it keep telling me i'm out of room (yeah right 48 mb = 700mb) not in this lifetime it equals and the software won't erase it even with the setting to erase it on.

anyway roxio platinum is on sale this week at my local Best Buy for $79.99 w/a 20 rebate for a total of $59.99 and Nero 5.5 costs $60 across the parking lot at Comp Usa.

what would you chose?

p.s. i'm thinking on going to XP depending on what it does with games.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Roxio's DirectCD = HELL if your using win2k, otherwise, it is very good in win9x. Nero's InCD works good in both win2k and win9x.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Yeah, directcd and nero hate each other, so you'll have to pick one or the other. I decided to microwave my Ezcd 4.02 cdrom, and keep my Nero.

Not all cdrw are made equal. Memorex 4x cdrw don't work in two of my burners, and one only takes verbatum. TDK, though, works in them all.

I've read (not tested), that if you leave a cdrw out in direct sunlight for ~15min, you'll beat down some of the crystals that are the problem. You might also try nero, and erase at a slower speed.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"p.s. i'm thinking on going to XP depending on what it does with games."

Nero ... all the way. I don't even want to begin to think about what kind (and the amount) of errors Easy CD Creator is going to display in WinXP. *Shudder*

Note: Be sure and completely uninstall your current burning software before installing the new program, regardless of your choice.

Toejam31

<font color=purple>My Rig:</font color=purple> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847</A>

how786

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
The latest Roxio product caused me huge problems.
Go with Nero!!
How786

"We can do no great things, Only small things with Great Love"
Mother Theresa

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Well, I haven't had time for many games. ECDC works okay in XP, but it's always touchy on my system. Nero and NTI CDMaker 2000 work the best. CDMaker was my choice as being $10 cheaper than Nero.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hey toejam....
i believe that program has been renamed by the public now as:

Easy CD cremator.

Another vote here for nero.
fast easy efficient burning.... unless of course windows sets all your drives to exclusive PIO mode LOL

In memory of the 90+ Auzzies missing in the WTC disaster. An attack that has changed the world.

G

Roxio has real issues in WinXP. I have XP and couldn't even get Roxio installed. (Even though the built in burning software is Roxio...)

I now use Nero 5.5.4 and am very happy with it.

Pally 1.2@1.4 (10x140)
MSI K7 Master
Swiftech MC462
Crucial 256 DDR x1

G

Nero's new 5.5 really should slam the lid on Roxio's adopted stepchild. REally vendors should no longer hear the woahs and cries for help for lack of an easy to use wizard or lack of user friendliness or whatever. But it won't just yet, because the Adaptec name is still used and people love their brands they get used to.

***check the jumpers 1st then check em again***