Solved

NZXT Guardian 921 or Phantom

My 2 favorite cases I have seen are the NZXT Guardian 921 (blue) and the NZXT Phantom Enthusiast (White). I love the way they look and the prices are good ($70 for the guardian, $90 for the phantom). I don't really need a full tower, but the phantom seems to have advantages in cooling and cable management. I prefer cases with blue LEDs and sleek designs (not black boxes), but performance is important. Any input is appreciated.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nzxt guardian phantom
  1. i really dont see the point of fancy looking cases given they get boring REALLY fast. a black box would be timeless. plus the one i have in mind has better internal features any day (ex. more cabling, better placed grommets, silence)

but if you want a fancy case, just get the phantom 410
    http://www.outletpc.com/je6393.html?utm_source=je6393&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=pcpartpicker
  2. What was the case you had in mind? In the end looks should be second to performance anyways but it's fun to have some wow factor as well.
  3. The Guardian is really outdated (no space behind mobo for cables, no interior paint, etc.). It was a good case at the time, but that time has passed. This fact alone should count enough for not getting it.

The phantom is a very good choice, looks kinda fancy if you like it, but still mature enough not to get boring. And it has all the features a modern case should have.
  4. whatsthatnoise said:
    The Guardian is really outdated (no space behind mobo for cables, no interior paint, etc.). It was a good case at the time, but that time has passed. This fact alone should count enough for not getting it.

The phantom is a very good choice, looks kinda fancy if you like it, but still mature enough not to get boring. And it has all the features a modern case should have.

Should I get the full tower ($10 less) or the 410? I don't need a full tower but it's cheaper and I don't see how more space could hurt.
  5. this was the case i was talking about. its plain as i said before. i personally think its the best case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

there is a non-window version
  6. Best answer
    Norlag said:
    Should I get the full tower ($10 less) or the 410? I don't need a full tower but it's cheaper and I don't see how more space could hurt.

Most people don't need a full tower. Only makes sense if you want to put in a lot of HDDs and/or triple/quad GPU setups.

Agreed, the R4 is a really nice case, too.
  7. Best answer selected by Norlag.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components Product