NZXT Guardian 921 or Phantom

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
My 2 favorite cases I have seen are the NZXT Guardian 921 (blue) and the NZXT Phantom Enthusiast (White). I love the way they look and the prices are good ($70 for the guardian, $90 for the phantom). I don't really need a full tower, but the phantom seems to have advantages in cooling and cable management. I prefer cases with blue LEDs and sleek designs (not black boxes), but performance is important. Any input is appreciated.

Solution

Most people don't need a full tower. Only makes sense if you want to put in a lot of HDDs and/or triple/quad GPU setups.

Agreed, the R4 is a really nice case, too.

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
The Guardian is really outdated (no space behind mobo for cables, no interior paint, etc.). It was a good case at the time, but that time has passed. This fact alone should count enough for not getting it.

The phantom is a very good choice, looks kinda fancy if you like it, but still mature enough not to get boring. And it has all the features a modern case should have.

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

Should I get the full tower ($10 less) or the 410? I don't need a full tower but it's cheaper and I don't see how more space could hurt.

this was the case i was talking about. its plain as i said before. i personally think its the best case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

there is a non-window version

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Most people don't need a full tower. Only makes sense if you want to put in a lot of HDDs and/or triple/quad GPU setups.

Agreed, the R4 is a really nice case, too.

Solution