nomad_1911

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Hi fellow geeks :D,what would be your preferred framerate and what's the actual framerate you usually get in first person games generally.I'm happy when my fraps counter is showing 45 minimum,60+ average fps,is this framerate good in your opinion.

for FPS? I prefer 120fps locked on my 120hz monitor. realistically, for bf3, I adjust settings until I average around 80fps. though I have just turned everything up to the max and just enjoyed a game of bf3 with around 40fps or so. it really depends. if I'm in a competitive mood, I don't really care about the eye-candy. I want to see your head enter my screen as soon as possible and head shot it as soon as possible. I could almost care less if it was just a beige colored oval or if there's a face on it :p

G

i like 60 fps but if i get 45fps with all the eye candy on @ 1080 i'll live with it.

dpp_sunny

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
For me, eye candy takes preference if the GPU is able to render anything above 35 fps minimum. Else, I lower the detail. It is the balance which offers the best gameplay. Lower detail at ridiculously high frame rate (say >100) is equally useless as high detail at low stuttering frame rate (<30).

hauntedcn

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
my fps randomly spikes and im trying to figure out why. i go a steady 80 fps and it drops down to 15 fps. it does it to every game i play. d3, bf3 and league of legends. my graphics card is gtx 550 ti amp edition. i was told to clean install drivers. i did and it says "cant find compatible hardware" what do i need to do?

asiansaurus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

60+ is great but isn't necessary. Studies show that humans can't distinguish anything above 60-70 fps. Anything over 70 fps is really just overkill and a waste of power in my opinion. If you can hit 45 fps min then that is great :D

Download the nvidia drivers, try the new beta one!

eh you learn to live with what your hardware gives you. Unless its top of the line and bottomed out fps.... then there is a issue. I prefer 1080p at 40-60fps a few dips into the 30's doesn't bother me