Win98SE identifies my Nokia 8310 as Fashion Phone during P..

Hello,

I've just bought a Nokia 8310 and I was trying to install the PC Suite 4.3.

At a point during installation, the setup asked me to turn the infrared of
8310 on. When my IrDA found 8310, Win98SE popped up and said it found a
Fashion Phone. But then the setup program was waiting. I tried to locate the
driver for "Fashion Phone" inside Win98SE CD, but couldn't find any. So I
clicked cancel and then clicked ok to continue with the installation.

So am I doing anything wrong? How should PC Suite 4.3 be actually installed?

Thanks

Herbert
2 answers Last reply
More about win98se identifies nokia 8310 fashion phone

    yes that's ok 8310 is fashion phone 6510 and 6210 come up as classic phone
    it still works ok with logo man or pc suite
    uninstall pc suite download the pc suite reg cleaner run it
    intall pc suite and just let it load its self
    don't look for drivers they are in pc suite
    just click the auto
    it loads about 3 or 4 drivers it may need a reboot then it should work ok
    you don't need any separate drivers on disc its all in the pc suite
    "Herbert Chan" <herbert@chan.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've just bought a Nokia 8310 and I was trying to install the PC Suite
    > 4.3.
    >
    > At a point during installation, the setup asked me to turn the infrared of
    > 8310 on. When my IrDA found 8310, Win98SE popped up and said it found a
    > Fashion Phone. But then the setup program was waiting. I tried to locate
    > the
    > driver for "Fashion Phone" inside Win98SE CD, but couldn't find any. So I
    > clicked cancel and then clicked ok to continue with the installation.
    >
    > So am I doing anything wrong? How should PC Suite 4.3 be actually
    > installed?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Herbert

    "Herbert Chan" <herbert@chan.com> wrote in message news:<4143122e$1_1@rain.i-cable.com>...

    > I've just bought a Nokia 8310 and I was trying to install the PC Suite 4.3.
    >
    > At a point during installation, the setup asked me to turn the infrared of
    > 8310 on. When my IrDA found 8310, Win98SE popped up and said it found a
    > Fashion Phone. But then the setup program was waiting. I tried to locate the
    > driver for "Fashion Phone" inside Win98SE CD, but couldn't find any. So I
    > clicked cancel and then clicked ok to continue with the installation.
    >
    > So am I doing anything wrong? How should PC Suite 4.3 be actually installed?

    We can suggest to have a look for alternative program- Oxygen Phone
    Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). You can download the latest
    trial here: http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

    Our program is multi-functional tool for complete phonebook, agenda,
    logos, ringtones and message management. You can read data, save it
    locally on disk, add new entries and write changes back to the phone,
    using our program.

    You can view the screenshots of Oxygen Phone Manager II here:

    http://www.opm-2.com/screenshots.asp

    Note: There is no need to uninstall Nokia PC Suite before running our
    program. Just, don't forget to turn IR connection off in Nokia
    Connection Manager before running OPM-2.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/