Win98SE identifies my Nokia 8310 as Fashion Phone during P..

Last response: in Brands
September 12, 2004 2:57:00 AM

Hello,

I've just bought a Nokia 8310 and I was trying to install the PC Suite 4.3.

At a point during installation, the setup asked me to turn the infrared of
8310 on. When my IrDA found 8310, Win98SE popped up and said it found a
Fashion Phone. But then the setup program was waiting. I tried to locate the
driver for "Fashion Phone" inside Win98SE CD, but couldn't find any. So I
clicked cancel and then clicked ok to continue with the installation.

So am I doing anything wrong? How should PC Suite 4.3 be actually installed?

Thanks

Herbert
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 11:24:36 PM

yes that's ok 8310 is fashion phone 6510 and 6210 come up as classic phone
it still works ok with logo man or pc suite
uninstall pc suite download the pc suite reg cleaner run it
intall pc suite and just let it load its self
don't look for drivers they are in pc suite
just click the auto
it loads about 3 or 4 drivers it may need a reboot then it should work ok
you don't need any separate drivers on disc its all in the pc suite
"Herbert Chan" <herbert@chan.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I've just bought a Nokia 8310 and I was trying to install the PC Suite
> 4.3.
>
> At a point during installation, the setup asked me to turn the infrared of
> 8310 on. When my IrDA found 8310, Win98SE popped up and said it found a
> Fashion Phone. But then the setup program was waiting. I tried to locate
> the
> driver for "Fashion Phone" inside Win98SE CD, but couldn't find any. So I
> clicked cancel and then clicked ok to continue with the installation.
>
> So am I doing anything wrong? How should PC Suite 4.3 be actually
> installed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Herbert

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 10:38:12 AM

"Herbert Chan" <herbert@chan.com> wrote in message news:<4143122e$1_1@rain.i-cable.com>...

> I've just bought a Nokia 8310 and I was trying to install the PC Suite 4.3.
>
> At a point during installation, the setup asked me to turn the infrared of
> 8310 on. When my IrDA found 8310, Win98SE popped up and said it found a
> Fashion Phone. But then the setup program was waiting. I tried to locate the
> driver for "Fashion Phone" inside Win98SE CD, but couldn't find any. So I
> clicked cancel and then clicked ok to continue with the installation.
>
> So am I doing anything wrong? How should PC Suite 4.3 be actually installed?

We can suggest to have a look for alternative program- Oxygen Phone
Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). You can download the latest
trial here: http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

Our program is multi-functional tool for complete phonebook, agenda,
logos, ringtones and message management. You can read data, save it
locally on disk, add new entries and write changes back to the phone,
using our program.

You can view the screenshots of Oxygen Phone Manager II here:

http://www.opm-2.com/screenshots.asp

Note: There is no need to uninstall Nokia PC Suite before running our
program. Just, don't forget to turn IR connection off in Nokia
Connection Manager before running OPM-2.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/