Sound Card Failing/Inconsistent

menchus

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
So I just installed a MSI 760gm-p25 motherboard and I installed the latest sound driver from Realtek as well. However half the time when I boot my computer there is no sound going to my speakers(although the nvidia sound driver is able to send sound to my Tv monitor). The strange thing is though, if install the same sound driver and again which goes through the whole process of uninstalling the sound driver, restarting the comp, installing the sound driver, and restarting the comp, then my sound returns to the speakers. The strange thing is the very next time I boot, there is no sound again! So I have to go through the whole sound driver reinstall process again. Now I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem with my sound card, but any sort of permanent fix would be greaty appreciated. Thank you.

menchus

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

I already disabled the nvidia driver and set my speakers as the default sound driver, but I still have the Same problem. Btw in case I can't fix my sound card, how would I bring back my tv monitor as a possible playback device?