Slazlon

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I am using an AMD athlon ll x3 455 and I unlocked the fourth core. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ and running prime 95 my temps are around 64 degrees. I know that the temps are a little high, but I don't know how to fix it. I don't know if i should just forget the fourth core and overclock or what?

Solution
Honestly 64c isn't really that bad for an unlocked and overclocked X3. Does it show up as a B55 Phenom II now ? If anything I would just make sure the thermal paste application is appropriate. Heatsink is properly seated and maybe see if you can bump the vcore down a lil bit. Otherwise I would say it is just fine as you are still 10c below that CPU's max operating temp of 75c.

Slazlon

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

I do not have it overclocked at the moment. I don't know if I should take off the fourth core and overclock because my cooler is not cooling the fourth core well

cmi86

Distinguished
Honestly 64c isn't really that bad for an unlocked and overclocked X3. Does it show up as a B55 Phenom II now ? If anything I would just make sure the thermal paste application is appropriate. Heatsink is properly seated and maybe see if you can bump the vcore down a lil bit. Otherwise I would say it is just fine as you are still 10c below that CPU's max operating temp of 75c.

Solution

Slazlon

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Yes, it shows up as Phenom ii B55. I used the cooler master thermal paste that came with it but I am going to switch to the arctic silver 5 and i hope that will improve. I turned off smart fan control so my rpms are so low. My cpu is now idle at 39 degrees and 60 degrees using prime95.