Help with recent build

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hello all i recently built my computer and now want to make my laptop a second monitor. The laptop is here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157300 . I have My display on my monitor hooked up to my graphics card, do i put the hdmi in my graphics card and into my laptop too? or do i put it into my mobo?

my specs are in my signiture but ill put em here too

i5 3570k
hd 6870
asrock z77 pro3

Note: im using dvi to vga connecter to hook up my monitor to desktop through my graphics card, any help would be much appricated as i couldn't Find anything on google 0.0

dingo07

Distinguished
its not possible dude - there's no video input on a laptop, unless its a special card that's been designed into it for a special purpose - which your laptop doesn't have

what you CAN Do, is use your computer monitor as a second display for the laptop - connect the HDMI cable on the side of the laptop directly into the monitor

dingo07

Distinguished

:lol: That's exactly what i just told you you can do, except the title of the video is WRONG and MISLEADING - what he Fails to tell people is that the "computer" he's using IS his laptop, and he's just connecting a second monitor (the monitor) to it

---

didn't you read the comments under the video??? it says it all there...

srftwhm

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
If your looking for a second monitor you could check your local craigslist or local shop micro center best buy etc for monitors that were displays, I got my 21" monitor for 113 dollars led backlit n ultra slim from best buy works great came with a 90 warranty from them. Just a thought if your only using it for twitch n like web browsing on the side.

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012
OK yea i got this really old monitor that would work only 1 thing, its vga only so i would my question is , do i plug the second monitor into the mobo or the gpu probably the gpu so when i get around to it ill have to grab a dvi to vga adapter...

Latest posts