New HDMI Cable bad quality from PC to TV

nickth2009

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Hello I just purchased a new HDMI cable today in hopes that it would fix a problem of bad quality when using it to connect my PC to my TV here are the specs of my PC:

RAM: 6GB
Processor: Intel i5 Quad-Core
GPU: NVidia GeForce 410M - 512MB

The HDMI cable is a T-REX Digital Platinum Series with Ethernet
Here are the specs:
1080p Full HD Resolution
Gold plated contacts
Up to 48-bit Deep Colour
10.6GBps High Speed

And finally my TV is a Samsung 42" Series 4+ 430

It's 1080i and I can't seem to get it to work because when I set the resolution to 1920x1080 (1080i) any text on the screen shows up with a whitish glow to it and most things look sort of pixelated, the same applies to any resolution above 1080x720, but if I use 1080x720 it shows up stretched and most things don't fit on the screen.

I should also mention that on the TV I have tried changing the label to DVI and that didn't work, as well as trying 1366x768 my laptop's native resolution.

I play games on my XBOX 360 at 1080p and have no problem with the HD as well as with TV it shows up fine in HD, it's only when I connect to my PC which I've tried 2 HDMI cables now and neither work on my PC but do work fine with my XBOX 360.

Dnrom

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I'm having a very similar problem, however all graphics are affected, games included.

My HDMI to HDMI connection to my graphics card (see specs below) is poor quality at higher resolutions, and other resolutions (generally 720p and lower) are both stretched and low quality.

Specs:
XFX Radeon HD 7870
Sony KLV-S26A10 32" 1080i HD LCDTV
(additional information available upon request, not sure what's important for a good idea of the problem)

Is this just an 1080i thing for me? Seems a lot of people have had similar problems in the past, but none of them work or are even possible for me. For example, there's no way for me to rename the input to PC or DVI-PC.

Any help at all would be appreciated.