Upgrading GeForce 6150SE 220W PCIe x16/x1 slimline PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustPressW

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I currently have a GeForce 6150SE integrated graphics card in my "slimline" PC. I'm looking to add a low profile graphics card to my system so that I can run games more smoothly. I'm having trouble finding any kind of card on newegg that my computer could run and I really need something that'll give me enough power to play games like Diablo 3 on decent settings without lag. Can anyone point me to one?

PCI slots:
PCI Express x1 (1/1)
PCI Express x16 (1/1)

Power Supply:
220W

Bays (I've got no clue what these are but apparently they're important to upgrading):
1 x 5.25" external bay
1 x 3.5" internal bay

Any advice or links to a solid card that would work for my system would be supermega greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading. :)

Solution
A slim tower severely limits what kind of hardware you can put into it. So you would be better off in the long term getting a new case + PSU.

JustPressW

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

Lol that site rates it the lowest in performance and value. :S Is there anything more high-quality I can get that would still fit my system maybe?

JustPressW

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

Alright, it's just that I could get the GeForce card at my local store, which is great because shipping prices to Canada are expensive enough to make the Radeon cost more than the GeForce. Is the power consumption just too high on it, or could I get by? Or would upgrading my PSU be better in the long haul? Or should I just get a completely new computer with more options in terms of upgradeability?

I look to you for advice, oh Gods of PC knowledge. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.