if all class are available for each race... what would you..

well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
each race... what would you play??

well i think i ll be a gnome paladin XD with engineering. and i wont
play him on a PVP server or i ll get a serious ganking!!! XD

Malachite wrote:
> well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
> each race... what would you play??
>
> well i think i ll be a gnome paladin XD with engineering. and i wont
> play him on a PVP server or i ll get a serious ganking!!! XD

Just don't give her pink hair and you'll be fine.

Seriously though, my regular group of teammates has been debating this
for a while. We all think there will be 2 new starting races: Blood
Elves or Dark Iron Dwarves for the Horde, and something like Nerubians
(*) for the Alliance. Or maybe High Elves for the Alliance, but the
lore is less supportive. The areas on the map for both have already
been reserved for 2 new starting areas... check out the valley just
northeast of Deathknell (Horde) and just south of Coldridge Valley
(Alliance).

Anyway, we all think they will allow the new Horde race to play Pally's
and the new Alliance race to play Shamen. This would be a huge way to
encourage new Alts for everyone, and permenently end the debates about
which faction got the better deal. It could also add the missing "hot
chick" race to the Horde, and a very cool "bad ass" race to the
Alliance.

(*) Nerubians are the Humaniod Spider-like race that the Lich King
destroyed when he took over Northrend. They live in snowy arctic
climate (like Coldridge Valley). They are distant relatives of the
Silithid (about as distant as Night Elves and Naga). Their sworn enemy
are the Trolls. Some were rumored to have escaped the genocide, and set
out to serach for there distant kin, the Quiraji.

Rumor has it that the Quiraji are hidden behind the Scarab Wall in
southern Silithus, and that Blizzard will be adding a true World Event
that opens up the wall. It's also likely this just happens as part of a
patch or the expansion pack.

Malachite wrote:
> well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
> each race... what would you play??
>
> well i think i ll be a gnome paladin XD with engineering. and i wont
> play him on a PVP server or i ll get a serious ganking!!! XD

Dwarven mage.

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

A Gnome Hunter would be pretty cool, with Engineering so he can make
his own guns.

LOL how bout a gnome druid...
imagine them in bear form... hahaha carebear???

Mulligan

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

"nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Tauren Rogue

My god could you imagine how slow a Tauren would be during stealth??!!

Dave

gaf1234567890 wrote:
> Malachite wrote:
>
>>well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
>>each race... what would you play??
>>
>>well i think i ll be a gnome paladin XD with engineering. and i wont
>>play him on a PVP server or i ll get a serious ganking!!! XD
>

> Just don't give her pink hair and you'll be fine.
>
> Seriously though, my regular group of teammates has been debating this
> for a while. We all think there will be 2 new starting races: Blood
> Elves or Dark Iron Dwarves for the Horde, and something like Nerubians
> (*) for the Alliance. Or maybe High Elves for the Alliance, but the
> lore is less supportive. The areas on the map for both have already
> been reserved for 2 new starting areas... check out the valley just
> northeast of Deathknell (Horde) and just south of Coldridge Valley
> (Alliance).

[OOC] The Zerg with Kerrigan as their Queen (she was human after all):
http://www.blizzard.com/broodwar/heroes/kerr.shtml
http://www.blizzard.com/images/broodwar/xmas-kerr.jpg

And the Protoss to help counter them (good guys).

<Sigh>. They should create World of Starcraft. I would stop playing WoW
the minute such a game came out ;-D

And why couldn't they create such a game? They have the license, they
have the creative people... I might even buy a PS/2 just so I can play
Starcraft Ghost one time.

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

>well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
>each race... what would you play??

I wanted my first char to be a gnome priest but......

"Malachite" <bs_kensou@yahoo.com> wrote in message

a troll druid

Malachite wrote:
> well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
> each race... what would you play??

Well my favorite class is warrior, and warrior is one class that all
races can already be :)

Night Elf Shaman. Mail armor, armed to the teeth with shocks, a sweet
two-handed mace buffed with windfury, wisps doing the job of totems,
reincarnate, shadowmeld, a hot NE girlfriend, a goofball dancer but
devilishly handsome.

Rather than the Hordes Earth, Fire, Water, and Air Totems, subsitute
the Fire Totem (my least used) for something more atune with the Elves.
Earth, Water, Air, and Night Wisps perhaps. The Night Wisp/Totem
bestowing shadow damage, stealth enhancement/fog-of-war, or magic
enhancement giving bonuses to all friendly magic and later minuses to
enemy magic. And these elemental wisps could circle the area like
wisps are wont to do rather than being planted like totems are. (Fire
is bad, the Night is Good. "Hail to the night!")

And instead of a Ghost Wolf form we could have a Ghost/Night Cat form.

> My god could you imagine how slow a Tauren would be during stealth??!!

> Dave

And why would a Tauren be slower ?
All races move at the exact same speed with no abilities enabled, and
no speed enhancement items equiped.

Right. Gnomes look like they're nearly running when stealthed. The
larger the character the slower the movement looks because speed over
land is identical.

"Have you ever seen a Tauren stalk a python? Of course you haven't;
that's because Taurens are so adept at blending in with their
surroundings."

Sounds like they'd make natural rogues. :)

On 2005-08-25 00:41:06 +0200, "Mulligan" <davewilson6969@sbcglobal.net> said:

> My god could you imagine how slow a Tauren would be during stealth??!!
>
> Dave

Tauren & Stealth in one sentence??? (Oh and catform is different, cause
then he's a cat you know...)
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

gaf1234567890 wrote:

> Seriously though, my regular group of teammates has been debating this
> for a while. We all think there will be 2 new starting races: Blood
> Elves or Dark Iron Dwarves for the Horde, and something like Nerubians
> (*) for the Alliance. Or maybe High Elves for the Alliance, but the
> lore is less supportive. The areas on the map for both have already
> been reserved for 2 new starting areas... check out the valley just
> northeast of Deathknell (Horde) and just south of Coldridge Valley
> (Alliance).

I would certainly like to see a short race for the Horde.

> Anyway, we all think they will allow the new Horde race to play Pally's
> and the new Alliance race to play Shamen. This would be a huge way to
> encourage new Alts for everyone, and permenently end the debates about
> which faction got the better deal. It could also add the missing "hot
> chick" race to the Horde, and a very cool "bad ass" race to the
> Alliance.

You all think this? None of you feel that the devs added a horde-only
class and an alliance-only class to differentiate between the factions?
That seems strange to me. I never expect to see Alliance Shamans or
Horde Paladins. Brand new classes would not surprise me, but making
the faction specific classes available to the opposing faction would
surprise me quite a bit. I really don't think that's ever going to
happen.

mikel

Robert S. wrote:
> Night Elf Shaman. Mail armor, armed to the teeth with shocks, a sweet
> two-handed mace buffed with windfury, wisps doing the job of totems,
> reincarnate, shadowmeld, a hot NE girlfriend, a goofball dancer but
> devilishly handsome.
>
> Rather than the Hordes Earth, Fire, Water, and Air Totems, subsitute
> the Fire Totem (my least used) for something more atune with the Elves.
> Earth, Water, Air, and Night Wisps perhaps. The Night Wisp/Totem
> bestowing shadow damage, stealth enhancement/fog-of-war, or magic
> enhancement giving bonuses to all friendly magic and later minuses to
> enemy magic. And these elemental wisps could circle the area like
> wisps are wont to do rather than being planted like totems are. (Fire
> is bad, the Night is Good. "Hail to the night!")
>
> And instead of a Ghost Wolf form we could have a Ghost/Night Cat form.

Hmm...you intrigue me.

A Dwarf Shaman, with totems carved from stone, and a Ghost Goat form.

A Gnome Shaman, with engineered totems clanking and whirling and spewing
exhaust. And a Ghost Chicken form.

> >well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
>>each race... what would you play??

A human hunter. Rather stupid oversight on their part, I must say.
If races such as dwarves or orcs can be hunters, there's no arguable
reason why humans couldn't be as well. Silly.
-Marshall

patrick.barnes@standardregister.com wrote:

> > Anyway, we all think they will allow the new Horde race to play Pally's
> > and the new Alliance race to play Shamen. This would be a huge way to
> > encourage new Alts for everyone, and permenently end the debates about
> > which faction got the better deal. It could also add the missing "hot
> > chick" race to the Horde, and a very cool "bad ass" race to the
> > Alliance.
> >

> You all think this? None of you feel that the devs added a horde-only
> class and an alliance-only class to differentiate between the factions?
> That seems strange to me. I never expect to see Alliance Shamans or
> Horde Paladins. Brand new classes would not surprise me, but making
> the faction specific classes available to the opposing faction would
> surprise me quite a bit. I really don't think that's ever going to
> happen.

Well, it's all pure conjecture.

But no, we don't think the Devs have a hard rule that the factions have
to be at all different or unique. Pragmatism, PvP ballance, and ease of
implementation seem to count for alot in Blizzard's design choices.
*Originally* differentiation might have been a goal when they were
basically starting with the races/classes as they existed in Warcraft
III. But things you can get away with in an RTS just don't work in an
RPG. Witness the fact that there is no tollerance for a "low cost peon"
class, even though RTS's always have a unit like that in almost every
army.

But beyond that, it comes down to cost/benefit. Adding new races has
very little cost, especially when all the models are already in the
game. Adding even a single new class, complete with all new spell
effects, requires tons of design, coding and testing. They are already
on the hook for this with Hero Classes (which will come eventually). I
don't think there's a snowball's chance in Molten Core that we'll see
any new classes other than Hero Classes.

Besides, there is already a precedent for Horde-Pally's and
Alliance-Shamen. Druids are exactly the same way in that exactly 1 race
from each faction can play them. This wouldn't really be any different.

Just a guess though.

"Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >well just a question guys... what if all class/job are availabe for
>>>each race... what would you play??
>
> A human hunter. Rather stupid oversight on their part, I must say.
> If races such as dwarves or orcs can be hunters, there's no arguable
> reason why humans couldn't be as well. Silly.
> -Marshall
or a Shaman . In most compter RPGs that i have played, humans could be any
classe

"Mulligan" <davewilson6969@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Tauren Rogue
>>

> My god could you imagine how slow a Tauren would be during stealth??!!
>
> Dave

Tauren are not slower than any other race.

In article <0jqPe.2073$rS4.1066@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>,
"Lorad" <jeff_nospam@hotmail.come> wrote:

> "Mulligan" <davewilson6969@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> >> Tauren Rogue
> >>

> > My god could you imagine how slow a Tauren would be during stealth??!!
> >
> > Dave
> >
> Tauren are not slower than any other race.

What's more, Tauren can jump up on the rail above the Ring of Law in
BRD, while undead, orcs, and trolls cannot. One has to assume the cows
are acrobatic.