My 2 SBLive Value's are different. Plz explain

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi. I'm looking at 2 SBLive Value cards sitting on my desk & am trying to figure out the difference between them. Can someone please help? I am using a Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-ROM player as my sole optical drive. Here are the stats for the 2 cards:

SBLive CT4670:
4 external connectors >
black, dark green, red, dark blue
4 internal connectors >
TAD, CD_IN, AUX_IN, CD_SPDIF

SBLive CT4830
5 external connectors >
black, pastel green, pink, pastel blue, yellow
3 internal connectors >
TAD, CD_IN, AUX_IN

Noticing 1 card has more external connectors & the other has more internal connectors, is one "better" than the other? The one with the yellow "Digital Out" jack lacks the internal CD_SPDIF connector (& what the hell is this connector?), while the card without the "Digital Out" jack has the internal CD_SPDIF connector.
Which one should I use (their both mine, so $ differences are not applicable)? Is the yellow external "Digital Out" jack on the 1 card & the CD_SPDIF internal connector on the other card the same thing?
Please explain why you would pick one over the other.

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
One is 4.1, the other 5.1.
Same audio chip, same sound card (basically).
The Digital OUt connectors will give you FAR more better sound quality than just analog.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
far more better? I hope you're going to be attending English class on Monday, young man.

<font color=green>In memory of those who died, simply because they lived in America.
Rest in peace.</font color=green>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
LOL!!
I don't know anything about ANYTHING except prgramming, computers, and math!
English (Grammer) was, and never will be, one of my strengths.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Actually, the one with the yellow ouput is not a 5.1 card, they just placed the digital output so thay could say that it was a "digital live value card" as far as differences in sound are, I have not noticed any signifigant differences between the two formates, the digital is a little more clear than analog, but the disadvantages to using digital is that the sound will not be used by the back speakers. This may be a problem with my receiver (I have a full surround sound system, no puny computer speakers for me!) but I doubt it. In analog mode, you can use the back rear speakers and can direct sound to anyone that you wish. This is ecpecially inportant in games, which use the surround sound channel for effects. If you do not have surround sound but do have digital speakers, I would go for digital output. If you do have surround speakers, stay with the analog outputs. If you have both like me, then choice whatever sounds good for you.

If it works for you then don't fix it.