Dell Inspiron 530 GPU upgrade

I'm getting tired of not being able to play games on this computer and i know the problem is my GPU (or lack of) is bottlenecking my PC. I'm not interested in being able to run Crysis 3 on ultra high end settings, but I want a card that will allow me to play some newer games like Skyrim or Batman.

Specs:

Not sure what you guys need but here you go.

- Dell Inspiron 530
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E6600 @ 2.40 GHz
- 4gb Ram
- I think i have a 300w psu

While doing research I found a post that linked to this card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121397

Not sure if this is what i'm looking for.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: forgot to include budget

I'm looking to spend under $80.
6 answers Last reply
More about dell inspiron upgrade
  1. It will work. That is a good card for your system. Good job finding that card :)

Since it's also Direct X11 you'll be able to play the newer games. You will meet he minimum specs for Batman, not too sure for Crysis 3 though, they haven't released the minimum specs for it yet.

Hope that helps :)
  2. fantastik250 said:
    It will work. That is a good card for your system. Good job finding that card :)

Since it's also Direct X11 you'll be able to play the newer games. You will meet he minimum specs for Batman, not too sure for Crysis 3 though, they haven't released the minimum specs for it yet.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Also are there any guides on how i install a GPU. I don't want to screw something up when I'm inserting the card in.
  3. I understand and don't worry it is simple.

This video guide will help you, even though it's from AMD, it applies to all graphics cards:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9x097QRXeA
  4. Mega <3s
  5. Just wanted to come back and say that the card is epic and its such an insane improvement.
  6. Glad that you like your new card :)

Enjoy playing your games :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron GPUs Graphics Product