Gaming rig.What do you think??

== THIS RIG ==

CPU - INTEL CORE I7 2600K

GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB OC

HDDs - 2 CAVIAR BLACKS, ONE 500 GB AND ONE 1 TB, BOTH 7200 RPM AND 64 MB CACHE

M/B - GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

RAM - KINGSTON HYPER X RAM 8 GB 1600 MHZ

CPU COOLER - COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 EVO

CASE - THERMALTAKE COMMANDER MS-III VO100A1W2N

CASE COOLERS - FIVE XILENCE COO-XPF120.TBLs

PSU - CORSAIR 650 WATTS TX V2


Sorry for writing in capitals.I just wanted to know if this rig is and will be able to play any new game at ultra settings without any problem.I am looking forward to overclocking the i7 2600k and I considered the hyper 212 evo as the aftermarket cooler.Also, I will be recording with Fraps.Will my GPU be able to handle it?

Thanks in advance :)
14 answers Last reply
More about gaming what think
  1. i think you will be able to play almost every game on ultra with a decent framerate.
  2. rorgier10 said:
    i think you will be able to play almost every game on ultra with a decent framerate.

    what do you mean almost? :??:
  3. JimmyzzzX said:
    what do you mean almost? :??:

    you will have a pretty bad FPS if you play metro2033 and probably with upcomming games(like crysis 3), but that's not really a poblem.
  4. Looks good to me don't buy that ram if it is 1.65v it voids your cpu warranty you want something like these RAM:G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231416#top

    RAM:Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148544#top

    RAM:G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231546#top
  5. Wow thats a really good rig I think the best rig would be with caviar green 2tb i7xtrem edition16gb ram ddr3 2x8 240pin 2133 mhz core motherboard : http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/contentlibrary.html?customfacets=!:Intel+Product%2FIntel%C2%AE+Motherboards%2FIntel%C2%AE+Desktop+Boards%2FIntel%C2%AE+Desktop+Boards+Extreme+Series%2FIntel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DX58SO nvidia quadro 6000 6gb gddr5 awesome 7.1surround sound card thatd be crysis 2 at 90fps
  6. FunkyLeorox said:
    Wow thats a really good rig I think the best rig would be with caviar green 2tb i7xtrem edition16gb ram ddr3 2x8 240pin 2133 mhz core motherboard : http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/contentlibrary.html?customfacets=!:Intel+Product%2FIntel%C2%AE+Motherboards%2FIntel%C2%AE+Desktop+Boards%2FIntel%C2%AE+Desktop+Boards+Extreme+Series%2FIntel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DX58SO nvidia quadro 6000 6gb gddr5 awesome 7.1surround sound card thatd be crysis 2 at 90fps

    lol man.that was very funny! :na: an i7 extreme and 16 gbs of ram and a quadro 6000!?!?that would be over 10, 000 dollars/euros...lol!!hey, thanks for the laugh.by the way, i don't think that quadro 6000 is such a good gpu.it's a workstation one so it is just good for 3d game making and not for playing games...anyway, see you around ;)
  7. bigcyco1 said:
    Looks good to me don't buy that ram if it is 1.65v it voids your cpu warranty you want something like these RAM:G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231416#top

    RAM:Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148544#top

    RAM:G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231546#top

    ok man thanks for the info
  8. JimmyzzzX said:
    ok man thanks for the info
    Your welcome and just so you know which you can get if you rather get a different kind of ram as long as it's 1.5v your golden ;)
  9. The i5 2500k will overclock better than the i7 2600k. Perhaps drop down to that and invest in an SSD for boot/OS?
  10. JimmyzzzX said:
    lol man.that was very funny! :na: an i7 extreme and 16 gbs of ram and a quadro 6000!?!?that would be over 10, 000 dollars/euros...lol!!hey, thanks for the laugh.by the way, i don't think that quadro 6000 is such a good gpu.it's a workstation one so it is just good for 3d game making and not for playing games...anyway, see you around ;)

    Yo i went on newegg added it up, it was 5085$
  11. bigcyco1 said:
    Your welcome and just so you know which you can get if you rather get a different kind of ram as long as it's 1.5v your golden ;)

    Ok, pal.Good to know that! Thnx once again :)
  12. FunkyLeorox said:
    Yo i went on newegg added it up, it was 5085$

    yeah cheaper....lol :kaola:
  13. SinisterSalad said:
    The i5 2500k will overclock better than the i7 2600k. Perhaps drop down to that and invest in an SSD for boot/OS?

    I was never a fan of ssds.they don't have enough space and i just dont prefer them.thanks for the info, though :)
  14. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product