Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

n-gage problem, inside

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 11:55:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

hi

got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
flashed as bought it s/h.

if needed i will reply with more info,

col

More about : gage problem inside

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:14:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

tried starting it without an mmc?
if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
switch off
press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....

"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
news:7nl6k0ppjkbdo227rq4o2r3d89ddnkbr8h@4ax.com...
> hi
>
> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
> go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
> flashed as bought it s/h.
>
> if needed i will reply with more info,
>
> col
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:28:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Does your phone blink Nokia logo 3/4 times and then reboot?
May be you need to get your phone reflashed. Nokia repair
center will do it for free if you are under warranty.

Where are you located?

-ak
niloc wrote:
> hi
>
> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
> go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
> flashed as bought it s/h.
>
> if needed i will reply with more info,
>
> col
Related resources
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 1:12:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
<j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>tried starting it without an mmc?
>if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
>switch off
>press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
>and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
>hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
>
>"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
>news:7nl6k0ppjkbdo227rq4o2r3d89ddnkbr8h@4ax.com...
>> hi
>>
>> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
>> go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
>> flashed as bought it s/h.
>>
>> if needed i will reply with more info,
>>
>> col
>
hi

pressed all the buttons you said, seems ok now, but had to remove the
mmc card.

could be the trouble eh.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 3:51:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
<j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>tried starting it without an mmc?
>if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
>switch off
>press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
>and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
>hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
>
>"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
>news:7nl6k0ppjkbdo227rq4o2r3d89ddnkbr8h@4ax.com...
>> hi
>>
>> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
>> go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
>> flashed as bought it s/h.
>>
>> if needed i will reply with more info,
>>
>> col
>
hi

i switch phone on,

says "nokia" at bottom of screen.

then picture comes up, then date/time ect, then message in a box at
bottom of screen says" app closed
sysapp"

then back to "nokia" and round again.

this is with the mmc card removed.

col
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 11:39:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

did it format?
or did removing the mmc simply fix it
just wipe whatevers on the mmc somehow and it should be fine, most probably
a program thats autoloading with the phone...

"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
news:ve48k0tv1qqh69625s18ek6d8o071jp4qk@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
> <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>tried starting it without an mmc?
>>if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
>>switch off
>>press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
>>and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
>>hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
>>
>>"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
>>news:7nl6k0ppjkbdo227rq4o2r3d89ddnkbr8h@4ax.com...
>>> hi
>>>
>>> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
>>> go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
>>> flashed as bought it s/h.
>>>
>>> if needed i will reply with more info,
>>>
>>> col
>>
> hi
>
> pressed all the buttons you said, seems ok now, but had to remove the
> mmc card.
>
> could be the trouble eh.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 11:58:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

did you format it?
if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete

"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
news:fkd8k01uri6n1nq86evrtnduq06tfpiiaj@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
> <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>tried starting it without an mmc?
>>if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
>>switch off
>>press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
>>and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
>>hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
>>
>>"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
>>news:7nl6k0ppjkbdo227rq4o2r3d89ddnkbr8h@4ax.com...
>>> hi
>>>
>>> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
>>> go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
>>> flashed as bought it s/h.
>>>
>>> if needed i will reply with more info,
>>>
>>> col
>>
> hi
>
> i switch phone on,
>
> says "nokia" at bottom of screen.
>
> then picture comes up, then date/time ect, then message in a box at
> bottom of screen says" app closed
> sysapp"
>
> then back to "nokia" and round again.
>
> this is with the mmc card removed.
>
> col
>
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 10:23:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
<j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>did you format it?
>if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
>formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete
>
>

if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
"please insert sim card"

even tried the code *#7370#
but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?

realy strange.

sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.

col
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 1:45:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
could anyone confirm?
"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
news:20pbk091f4ouflapcdprk3kn8rrmncii18@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
> <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>did you format it?
>>if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
>>formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete
>>
>>
>
> if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
> "please insert sim card"
>
> even tried the code *#7370#
> but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
>
> realy strange.
>
> sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
>
> col
September 20, 2004 12:19:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

i did try *#7370# with my N-Gage, its work fine
"Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:41463156$0$2720$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
> could anyone confirm?
> "niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
> news:20pbk091f4ouflapcdprk3kn8rrmncii18@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
>> <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>did you format it?
>>>if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
>>>formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete
>>>
>>>
>>
>> if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
>> "please insert sim card"
>>
>> even tried the code *#7370#
>> but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
>>
>> realy strange.
>>
>> sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
>>
>> col
>
>
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 1:01:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

i was referring to the green+3+* method...
its different to the "restore factory settings"

"Willy" <willy@someone.msn.com> wrote in message
news:414d7971_1@news.tm.net.my...
>i did try *#7370# with my N-Gage, its work fine
> "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:41463156$0$2720$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>>i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
>> could anyone confirm?
>> "niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
>> news:20pbk091f4ouflapcdprk3kn8rrmncii18@4ax.com...
>>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
>>> <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>>>did you format it?
>>>>if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
>>>>formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
>>> "please insert sim card"
>>>
>>> even tried the code *#7370#
>>> but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
>>>
>>> realy strange.
>>>
>>> sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
>>>
>>> col
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 3:54:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi all, I am getting the same 'white screen of death', and phone just
writes NOKIA 3/4 times and then shuts down(I have a QD). I bought the
phone 2 weeks back, and it has been troublesome ever since. It got
hanged up once every 1-2 days. Sometimes had to be cold rebooted by
taking out the battery. Is Symbian really so unstable!
Now this WSOD has been pissing me off. I tried safe mode boot by
pressing the abc/pencil key, didn't work. Also the 3 key format
combination( Green + 3 + *)....also didn't work. Will getting it
reflashed is the only option?
Problem is I bought the phone in India, and am currently in
Brussels(Belgium), so I don't know if the warranty is valid or not.
Also don't know any Nokia service centre's here. Will look on net if I
find an address. If the waranty is void, will telling them a story
work( can anyone suggest one).

Please help fast, by tomorrow if I can't get my phone on, then I am
game! I really need to stay connected, very desperate situation.

Thanks in advace,

Cheers,
Mukul.

akmu <akmu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<rMT0d.177619$mD.72058@attbi_s02>...
> Does your phone blink Nokia logo 3/4 times and then reboot?
> May be you need to get your phone reflashed. Nokia repair
> center will do it for free if you are under warranty.
>
> Where are you located?
>
> -ak
> niloc wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
> > go back to start again, like a re-boot, do not know if it has been
> > flashed as bought it s/h.
> >
> > if needed i will reply with more info,
> >
> > col
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 9:35:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:19:55 +0800, "Willy" <willy@someone.msn.com>
wrote:

>i did try *#7370# with my N-Gage, its work fine
>"Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:41463156$0$2720$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>>i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
>> could anyone confirm?
>> "niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
>> news:20pbk091f4ouflapcdprk3kn8rrmncii18@4ax.com...
>>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
>>> <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>>>did you format it?
>>>>if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
>>>>formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
>>> "please insert sim card"
>>>
>>> even tried the code *#7370#
>>> but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
>>>
>>> realy strange.
>>>
>>> sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
>>>
>>> col
>>
>>
>

none of these work for me, is it supposed to re-boot?
col
!