n-gage problem, inside

hi

got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
flashed as bought it s/h.

if needed i will reply with more info,

col
12 answers Last reply
More about gage problem inside

    tried starting it without an mmc?
    if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
    switch off
    press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
    and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
    hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....

    "niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
    > flashed as bought it s/h.
    >
    > if needed i will reply with more info,
    >
    > col

    Does your phone blink Nokia logo 3/4 times and then reboot?
    May be you need to get your phone reflashed. Nokia repair
    center will do it for free if you are under warranty.

    Where are you located?

    -ak
    niloc wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
    > flashed as bought it s/h.
    >
    > if needed i will reply with more info,
    >
    > col

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
    <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    >tried starting it without an mmc?
    >if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
    >switch off
    >press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
    >and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
    >hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
    >
    >"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
    >> hi
    >>
    >> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
    >> flashed as bought it s/h.
    >>
    >> if needed i will reply with more info,
    >>
    >> col

    hi

    pressed all the buttons you said, seems ok now, but had to remove the
    mmc card.

    could be the trouble eh.

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
    <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    >tried starting it without an mmc?
    >if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
    >switch off
    >press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
    >and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
    >hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
    >
    >"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
    >> hi
    >>
    >> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
    >> flashed as bought it s/h.
    >>
    >> if needed i will reply with more info,
    >>
    >> col

    hi

    i switch phone on,

    says "nokia" at bottom of screen.

    then picture comes up, then date/time ect, then message in a box at
    bottom of screen says" app closed
    sysapp"

    then back to "nokia" and round again.

    this is with the mmc card removed.

    col

    did it format?
    or did removing the mmc simply fix it
    just wipe whatevers on the mmc somehow and it should be fine, most probably
    a program thats autoloading with the phone...

    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
    > <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>tried starting it without an mmc?
    >>if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
    >>switch off
    >>press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
    >>and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
    >>hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
    >>
    >>"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
    >>> hi
    >>>
    >>> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
    >>> flashed as bought it s/h.
    >>>
    >>> if needed i will reply with more info,
    >>>
    >>> col
    >>
    > hi
    >
    > pressed all the buttons you said, seems ok now, but had to remove the
    > mmc card.
    >
    > could be the trouble eh.

    did you format it?
    if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
    formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete

    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:14:14 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
    > <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>tried starting it without an mmc?
    >>if that doesnt work, (im not sure if this works on an ngage) try...
    >>switch off
    >>press and HOLD the green button, 3 and the star button...
    >>and while you are doing that, power the phone on.
    >>hold the three buttons until formatting appears on the screen....
    >>
    >>"niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
    >>> hi
    >>>
    >>> got an n-gage, when i switch on it is ok for 20 seconds then seems to
    >>> flashed as bought it s/h.
    >>>
    >>> if needed i will reply with more info,
    >>>
    >>> col
    >>
    > hi
    >
    > i switch phone on,
    >
    > says "nokia" at bottom of screen.
    >
    > then picture comes up, then date/time ect, then message in a box at
    > bottom of screen says" app closed
    > sysapp"
    >
    > then back to "nokia" and round again.
    >
    > this is with the mmc card removed.
    >
    > col

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
    <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    >did you format it?
    >if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
    >formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete

    if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
    "please insert sim card"

    even tried the code *#7370#
    but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?

    realy strange.

    sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.

    col

    i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
    could anyone confirm?
    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
    > <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>did you format it?
    >>if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
    >>formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete
    >>

    > if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
    > "please insert sim card"
    >
    > even tried the code *#7370#
    > but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
    >
    > realy strange.
    >
    > sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
    >
    > col

    i did try *#7370# with my N-Gage, its work fine
    "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:41463156$0$2720$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    >i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
    > could anyone confirm?
    > "niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:58:09 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
    >> <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>did you format it?
    >>>if the three button thing works it should bring up a screen that says
    >>>formatting... and take a couple of minutes to complete
    >>>

    >> if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
    >> "please insert sim card"
    >>
    >> even tried the code *#7370#
    >> but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
    >>
    >> realy strange.
    >>
    >> sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
    >>
    >> col

    i was referring to the green+3+* method...
    its different to the "restore factory settings"

    "Willy" <willy@someone.msn.com> wrote in message
    >i did try *#7370# with my N-Gage, its work fine
    > "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:41463156$0$2720$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    >>i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
    >> could anyone confirm?
    >> "niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message

    >>> if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
    >>> "please insert sim card"
    >>>
    >>> even tried the code *#7370#
    >>> but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
    >>>
    >>> realy strange.
    >>>
    >>> sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
    >>>
    >>> col

    Hi all, I am getting the same 'white screen of death', and phone just
    writes NOKIA 3/4 times and then shuts down(I have a QD). I bought the
    phone 2 weeks back, and it has been troublesome ever since. It got
    hanged up once every 1-2 days. Sometimes had to be cold rebooted by
    taking out the battery. Is Symbian really so unstable!
    Now this WSOD has been pissing me off. I tried safe mode boot by
    pressing the abc/pencil key, didn't work. Also the 3 key format
    combination( Green + 3 + *)....also didn't work. Will getting it
    reflashed is the only option?
    Problem is I bought the phone in India, and am currently in
    Brussels(Belgium), so I don't know if the warranty is valid or not.
    Also don't know any Nokia service centre's here. Will look on net if I
    find an address. If the waranty is void, will telling them a story
    work( can anyone suggest one).

    Please help fast, by tomorrow if I can't get my phone on, then I am
    game! I really need to stay connected, very desperate situation.

    Thanks in advace,

    Cheers,
    Mukul.

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:19:55 +0800, "Willy" <willy@someone.msn.com>
    wrote:

    >i did try *#7370# with my N-Gage, its work fine
    >"Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:41463156$0$2720$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    >>i guess the formatting doesnt work on an ngage then...
    >> could anyone confirm?
    >> "niloc" <123@123.com> wrote in message

    >>> if i hold the 3 buttons down and switch on it just says "nokia" then
    >>> "please insert sim card"
    >>>
    >>> even tried the code *#7370#
    >>> but this just sits there, is it suppost to re-boot?
    >>>
    >>> realy strange.
    >>>
    >>> sounds like formatting could maybe cure if i could get it to work.
    >>>
    >>> col

    none of these work for me, is it supposed to re-boot?
    col

Nokia Switch