Instance Dup bug fixed?

I was reading
<http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=14167>

/////
During this Wednesday?s weekly maintenance, we will be implementing code
into the game that will limit the amount of unique instances a player
can enter. This new code should relieve the realm wide instance
instability issues for legitimate players that were caused by players
trying to exploit the instances.

Since many have questions about how the new system works, and why it was
implemented. The new system works like this; You can enter up to 5
unique instances per hour. If you try to enter a 6th instance in less
than an hour after you entered the first, you will be blocked from doing
so. You must wait 1 hour from the time you enter the first instance
before you will be able to enter any others. This does not apply to PvP
instances, nor do PvP instances count towards your total. The same goes
for the Tram and officers' barracks (which aren't instances).
Thundgot
Community Manager, English
/////

And it somehow reminded me of the dup bugs reported in this group about
a month ago.

Links:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.warcraft/browse_thread/thread/a7d39e1dfcdab6c5/5378e68f46c4982a
http://www.gamebugs.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4022 (warning, animated
nudity)

Please discuss,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Cant wait to see what this is going to do to my AE Farming
/boo
Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> I was reading
> <http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=14167>
>
> /////
> During this Wednesday?s weekly maintenance, we will be implementing code
> into the game that will limit the amount of unique instances a player
> can enter. This new code should relieve the realm wide instance
> instability issues for legitimate players that were caused by players
> trying to exploit the instances.
>
> Since many have questions about how the new system works, and why it was
> implemented. The new system works like this; You can enter up to 5
> unique instances per hour. If you try to enter a 6th instance in less
> than an hour after you entered the first, you will be blocked from doing
> so. You must wait 1 hour from the time you enter the first instance
> before you will be able to enter any others. This does not apply to PvP
> instances, nor do PvP instances count towards your total. The same goes
> for the Tram and officers' barracks (which aren't instances).
> Thundgot
> Community Manager, English
> /////
>
> And it somehow reminded me of the dup bugs reported in this group about
> a month ago.
>
> Links:
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.warcraft/browse_thread/thread/a7d39e1dfcdab6c5/5378e68f46c4982a
> http://www.gamebugs.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4022 (warning, animated
> nudity)
>
> Please discuss,
> Thomas
> --
> Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:46:18 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo"
<nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:

>And it somehow reminded me of the dup bugs reported in this group about
>a month ago.

From what I heard the dupe bug was a false rumor, but when it got out
many tried to exploit it by resetting instances at an insane rate.
This lead to the instance server being overloaded and crashing - in
some cases making it so unstable that starting eg. Molten Core runs
became an excersice in futility since you would be guaranteed to
crash.

This is simply a nerf to stop overloading the instance server, and if
you do a bit of math you can see that 5 instances per hour means as
long as you spend 12 minutes or more in each instance you start this
nerf will not hurt you in the least. It will hurt some kinds of
farming though, so some people will hate this change.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Simon Nejmann wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:46:18 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo"
> <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>

>>And it somehow reminded me of the dup bugs reported in this group about
>>a month ago.
>

> From what I heard the dupe bug was a false rumor, but when it got out
> many tried to exploit it by resetting instances at an insane rate.
> This lead to the instance server being overloaded and crashing - in
> some cases making it so unstable that starting eg. Molten Core runs
> became an excersice in futility since you would be guaranteed to
> crash.
>
> This is simply a nerf to stop overloading the instance server, and if
> you do a bit of math you can see that 5 instances per hour means as
> long as you spend 12 minutes or more in each instance you start this
> nerf will not hurt you in the least. It will hurt some kinds of
> farming though, so some people will hate this change.

They could also forbid certain levels to do the instance anylonger (e.g.
when it is grey). Just rambling here, I like the occasional help from
higher levels I know IRC to complete quests very rapidly. Haven't done
an instance myself yet, maybe tonight I will :) [guild event]

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR