PC Suit for Nokia 6600

I haven't managed to get it to work successfully.

Installation takes ages (> 30 minutes), with seemingly no activity except
CPU driven to 100% on and off. There are two copies of 6600_PC_Suite_EN.exe
in Task Manager when it is running.

After that when I connect using IR, it asks for a name for the phone.
Whatever I enter, it keeps saying Enter a valid phone name. Basic IR
appears to be working but PC Suite appears not to be able to see the phone.

Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

Thanks in advance.
8 answers Last reply
More about suit nokia 6600

    >Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

    It sounds like you have an installation problem on your PC. Un-install PC Suite
    and try again!

    My installation took maybe 2 minutes. It sees the infared connection as soon as
    I activate the software and have a infared phone next to the port (within 3
    feet or so).
    Clicking on connection tells me what kind of phone it is and from there it is
    just drag and drop or a click or two depending on what I am doing.

    --
    John S.

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, at 14:45:38 [GMT +0800] (16:45:38 Sunday, 12 September
    2004 where I live) "James L" wrote:

    > Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

    I could never get it to install, even after I used the registry fix provided
    by Nokia (you will find this somewhere on their pages) - good luck!

    --
    For every problem, there is a neat, plain solution...and it is always wrong.

    Quoth The Raven "James L <q2@hotmail.com>" in
    4143f092$1@news.starhub.net.sg
    >I haven't managed to get it to work successfully.
    >
    > Installation takes ages (> 30 minutes), with seemingly no activity
    > except CPU driven to 100% on and off. There are two copies of
    > 6600_PC_Suite_EN.exe in Task Manager when it is running.
    >
    > After that when I connect using IR, it asks for a name for the phone.
    > Whatever I enter, it keeps saying Enter a valid phone name. Basic IR
    > appears to be working but PC Suite appears not to be able to see the
    > phone.
    >
    > Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    if you keep reading the threads, someone suggested m-router3 beta. do a
    search for it. it fixed my problems.

    --
    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    Opportunity knocks once. Temptation leans on the doorbell.

    "James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<4143f092$1@news.starhub.net.sg>...
    > I haven't managed to get it to work successfully.
    >
    > Installation takes ages (> 30 minutes), with seemingly no activity except
    > CPU driven to 100% on and off. There are two copies of 6600_PC_Suite_EN.exe
    > in Task Manager when it is running.
    >
    > After that when I connect using IR, it asks for a name for the phone.
    > Whatever I enter, it keeps saying Enter a valid phone name. Basic IR
    > appears to be working but PC Suite appears not to be able to see the phone.
    >
    > Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

    We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
    OS phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Our program allows to
    manage phonebook, To-Do list, calendar, messages, images and melodies.
    You can download the latest trial license here:
    http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Thanks. The copy on the CD is totally useless. I downloaded the 2004
    version from the web and it works just fine. Very much more sophisticated
    than versions for previous models.

    "James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<41499ffc$3@news.starhub.net.sg>...

    > Thanks. The copy on the CD is totally useless. I downloaded the 2004
    > version from the web and it works just fine. Very much more sophisticated
    > than versions for previous models.

    Thank you for your kind words!

    We will use the best efforts to make our program even more convenient
    and multi-functional. We aren't selling our software on CD's
    worldwide. Maybe, you've got obsolete trial license (some IR port or
    bluetooth device suppliers include trial licenses on their CD's).
    Please, contact our customer support department at
    support@oxygensoftware.com and specify the store, you've got a CD
    from. Thank you in advance for valueable cooperation!

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Sorry, I was referring to the Nokia PC Suite for 6600. The CD that came
    with the phone was useless. The latest version from Nokia's web site works
    fine.

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:26:18 +0800, "James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Sorry, I was referring to the Nokia PC Suite for 6600.

    >"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
    >> Thank you for your kind words!

    LOL . . .

    --