PC Suit for Nokia 6600

Last response: in Brands
September 12, 2004 6:45:38 PM

I haven't managed to get it to work successfully.

Installation takes ages (> 30 minutes), with seemingly no activity except
CPU driven to 100% on and off. There are two copies of 6600_PC_Suite_EN.exe
in Task Manager when it is running.

After that when I connect using IR, it asks for a name for the phone.
Whatever I enter, it keeps saying Enter a valid phone name. Basic IR
appears to be working but PC Suite appears not to be able to see the phone.

Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

Thanks in advance.

More about : suit nokia 6600

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 6:45:39 PM

>Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

It sounds like you have an installation problem on your PC. Un-install PC Suite
and try again!

My installation took maybe 2 minutes. It sees the infared connection as soon as
I activate the software and have a infared phone next to the port (within 3
feet or so).
Clicking on connection tells me what kind of phone it is and from there it is
just drag and drop or a click or two depending on what I am doing.

--
John S.
September 12, 2004 10:25:07 PM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, at 14:45:38 [GMT +0800] (16:45:38 Sunday, 12 September
2004 where I live) "James L" wrote:

> Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

I could never get it to install, even after I used the registry fix provided
by Nokia (you will find this somewhere on their pages) - good luck!

--
For every problem, there is a neat, plain solution...and it is always wrong.
September 13, 2004 1:04:21 AM

Quoth The Raven "James L <q2@hotmail.com>" in
4143f092$1@news.starhub.net.sg
>I haven't managed to get it to work successfully.
>
> Installation takes ages (> 30 minutes), with seemingly no activity
> except CPU driven to 100% on and off. There are two copies of
> 6600_PC_Suite_EN.exe in Task Manager when it is running.
>
> After that when I connect using IR, it asks for a name for the phone.
> Whatever I enter, it keeps saying Enter a valid phone name. Basic IR
> appears to be working but PC Suite appears not to be able to see the
> phone.
>
> Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?
>
> Thanks in advance.

if you keep reading the threads, someone suggested m-router3 beta. do a
search for it. it fixed my problems.

--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Opportunity knocks once. Temptation leans on the doorbell.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 6:41:34 AM

"James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<4143f092$1@news.starhub.net.sg>...
> I haven't managed to get it to work successfully.
>
> Installation takes ages (> 30 minutes), with seemingly no activity except
> CPU driven to 100% on and off. There are two copies of 6600_PC_Suite_EN.exe
> in Task Manager when it is running.
>
> After that when I connect using IR, it asks for a name for the phone.
> Whatever I enter, it keeps saying Enter a valid phone name. Basic IR
> appears to be working but PC Suite appears not to be able to see the phone.
>
> Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?

We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
OS phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Our program allows to
manage phonebook, To-Do list, calendar, messages, images and melodies.
You can download the latest trial license here:
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:06:42 AM

Thanks. The copy on the CD is totally useless. I downloaded the 2004
version from the web and it works just fine. Very much more sophisticated
than versions for previous models.

"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> "James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I haven't managed to get it to work successfully.
> >
> > Installation takes ages (> 30 minutes), with seemingly no activity
except
> > CPU driven to 100% on and off. There are two copies of
6600_PC_Suite_EN.exe
> > in Task Manager when it is running.
> >
> > After that when I connect using IR, it asks for a name for the phone.
> > Whatever I enter, it keeps saying Enter a valid phone name. Basic IR
> > appears to be working but PC Suite appears not to be able to see the
phone.

> > Any tips? Is the problem in the Nokia Modem Option driver or PC Suite?
>
> We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian
> OS phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Our program allows to
> manage phonebook, To-Do list, calendar, messages, images and melodies.
> You can download the latest trial license here:
> http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/
>
> If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
> program, feel free to post them on our official forum
> http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
>
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
> support@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
> http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 8:27:07 AM

"James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<41499ffc$3@news.starhub.net.sg>...

> Thanks. The copy on the CD is totally useless. I downloaded the 2004
> version from the web and it works just fine. Very much more sophisticated
> than versions for previous models.

Thank you for your kind words!

We will use the best efforts to make our program even more convenient
and multi-functional. We aren't selling our software on CD's
worldwide. Maybe, you've got obsolete trial license (some IR port or
bluetooth device suppliers include trial licenses on their CD's).
Please, contact our customer support department at
support@oxygensoftware.com and specify the store, you've got a CD
from. Thank you in advance for valueable cooperation!

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 1:26:18 AM

Sorry, I was referring to the Nokia PC Suite for 6600. The CD that came
with the phone was useless. The latest version from Nokia's web site works
fine.

> "James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > Thanks. The copy on the CD is totally useless. I downloaded the 2004
> > version from the web and it works just fine. Very much more
sophisticated
> > than versions for previous models.
>
> Thank you for your kind words!
>
> We will use the best efforts to make our program even more convenient
> and multi-functional. We aren't selling our software on CD's
> worldwide. Maybe, you've got obsolete trial license (some IR port or
> bluetooth device suppliers include trial licenses on their CD's).
> Please, contact our customer support department at
> support@oxygensoftware.com and specify the store, you've got a CD
> from. Thank you in advance for valueable cooperation!
>
> If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
> program, feel free to post them on our official forum
> http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
>
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
> support@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
> http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 3:05:31 PM

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:26:18 +0800, "James L" <q2@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry, I was referring to the Nokia PC Suite for 6600.

>"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you for your kind words!

LOL . . .

--