screen settings

On my new computer the small icons and some other graphs are not as smooth as
before. You can actually see the pixels. The same goes for some graphics on
the internet. For expample: the colourfull letters of the google site are not
smooth but edgey. How can I adjust my screen settings so everything is smooth
again.

thanks

ps changing the resolution doesn't help
3 answers Last reply
More about screen settings

    First, tell us, is your monitor LCD or CRT? If it is an LCD, set it to the
    recommended 'native' resolution.
    "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On my new computer the small icons and some other graphs are not as smooth
    as
    > before. You can actually see the pixels. The same goes for some graphics
    on
    > the internet. For expample: the colourfull letters of the google site are
    not
    > smooth but edgey. How can I adjust my screen settings so everything is
    smooth
    > again.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > ps changing the resolution doesn't help

    It's a laptop so i guess LCD. And it's brand new, so i didn't change anything
    yet. It's just when i compare with my desktop coputer, all the smaller icons
    seme so edgey.

    thanks

    "Sandman" wrote:

    > First, tell us, is your monitor LCD or CRT? If it is an LCD, set it to the
    > recommended 'native' resolution.
    > "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > On my new computer the small icons and some other graphs are not as smooth
    > as
    > > before. You can actually see the pixels. The same goes for some graphics
    > on
    > > the internet. For expample: the colourfull letters of the google site are
    > not
    > > smooth but edgey. How can I adjust my screen settings so everything is
    > smooth
    > > again.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > ps changing the resolution doesn't help

    Well, you didn't say it was a laptop, which would make a difference due to
    the smaller size of the screen, compared to your desktop PC.. Always give
    all info for us to help...I would think, if you have , say a 15inch screen
    on your laptop, and screens on laptops vary according to quality, the icons
    will scale down and may not be as 'crisp' as your larger desktop monitor.
    Some large 19inch LCD monitors vary a great deal in image quality also, that
    is why you hafta look at them side by side....While this isn't your
    situation with your laptop because it is part of the computer, the smaller
    screen on cheaper laptops are still awful usually, compared to a larger
    sized CRT or LCD. One reason I never bought a laptop, plus I have no
    practical use for one.

    > It's a laptop so i guess LCD. And it's brand new, so i didn't change
    anything
    > yet. It's just when i compare with my desktop coputer, all the smaller
    icons
    > seme so edgey.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > "Sandman" wrote:
    >
    > > First, tell us, is your monitor LCD or CRT? If it is an LCD, set it to
    the
    > > recommended 'native' resolution.
    > > "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > On my new computer the small icons and some other graphs are not as
    smooth
    > > as
    > > > before. You can actually see the pixels. The same goes for some
    graphics
    > > on
    > > > the internet. For expample: the colourfull letters of the google site
    are
    > > not
    > > > smooth but edgey. How can I adjust my screen settings so everything is
    > > smooth
    > > > again.
    > > >
    > > > thanks
    > > >
    > > > ps changing the resolution doesn't help