7600 GT green lines problem

Rise and Shine

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hey,

Half an hour ago, I was playing Team Fortess 2 and, suddenly, my comp crashed and showed some weird green lines across the screen. I think that it could be because of overheating, but checking the minimal wattage required for it, I began to think that it could be underpowered, but I'm not completely
sure. Here is what I know from my comp:

CPU: Intel Pentium D 830
GPU: Point of View GeForce 7600 GT
PSU: dunno brand, but it is a 300 W one.

(yes, I know, I don't know a lot about it.)

Hello.
According to your speccs it wouldnt be a surprise for a non-branded 300(?)watt psu not to be able to handle a pentiumD + 7600GT.
But in any case, do you have the latest drivers?

ps: I have behind me a Pentium4 3GHz with 7600 GS, I used on it a 460watt coolermaster and it runs great.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Check it with another PSU if you have one but green lines on the screen is the most common sign that your VGA card is about to die.
If another psu does not fix the issue then new card time imo

Rise and Shine

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Well, I've just downloaded GPU-Z and checked the temp, it's 58 Celsius, is that much for idle? And it's been used a couple times since it showed the green lines, it doesn't seem like it's going to die, it's more probable that it's underpowered. Although we've been using it for 6 years and never suffered something like this. It has crashed a lot of times, been unstable a lot in the past. I'll do a little stress test with TF2 and will report back.

Rise and Shine

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Yes, my card just died yesterday. But on the bright side, I got a 6670 and it runs great. And it was a 500 W PSU and not a 300 W one, weird. My father told me that it was a 300 W one.