Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

USB Wifi stick doesn't get recognized by windows

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 30, 2012 9:07:25 PM

Just got my new build up and running, so now it's time to get some internet on it right? I have a usb wifi card and when I plug it into my newly built PC it doesn't get recognized! When I plug it back into my laptop which is running vista it gets recognized automatically! What do I do?
August 30, 2012 9:24:56 PM

akros said:
Just got my new build up and running, so now it's time to get some internet on it right? I have a usb wifi card and when I plug it into my newly built PC it doesn't get recognized! When I plug it back into my laptop which is running vista it gets recognized automatically! What do I do?


See if you can find a driver for it, but I thought something like that would be plug-n-play for sure. Google a driver for the brand and model you have. :o 
m
0
l
August 30, 2012 9:27:56 PM

Nanekud said:
See if you can find a driver for it, but I thought something like that would be plug-n-play for sure. Google a driver for the brand and model you have. :o 


It is plug and play :(  but I'm having my brother pick me up a PCI-E networking adapter! Are all of them compatible with windows 7 or no? :o 
m
0
l
Related resources
August 30, 2012 9:34:51 PM

akros said:
It is plug and play :(  but I'm having my brother pick me up a PCI-E networking adapter! Are all of them compatible with windows 7 or no? :o 



Unless he somehow finds one that is made for a Mac, but I doubt that will happen lol. It should work fine with Windows 7. That USB one should too, though. Check if the USB port itself recognizes anything at all.
m
0
l
August 30, 2012 9:36:47 PM

Nanekud said:
Unless he somehow finds one that is made for a Mac, but I doubt that will happen lol. It should work fine with Windows 7. That USB one should too, though. Check if the USB port itself recognizes anything at all.


All ports recognized my phone's usb when it was plugged in! I tried all ports and nothing worked with that stupid usb adapter-_- oh well a PCI one is ok! I'm going to be getting this one: http://microcenter.com/product/387583/WF-2118_300Mbps_W... I hope it works out and if not I always have a 30 day return policy ;) 
m
0
l
!