Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Is my budget gaming build ok for ultra settings for witcher 2, bf3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 12, 2012 12:36:54 PM

Hi guys, i am new to this forum, i just wanna state my budget gaming build;

cpu: i3 2100
gpu: gtx 560 ti
mobo: gigabyte h61
psu: aerocool strike x 800w (80+)
case: aerocool strike x gt (maxed 7 fans)

so, just wanna ask u guys, is this gonna get me ultra for today's game? or is it obsolete by the newer ib cpus and gtx 6xx...
:( 
July 12, 2012 12:53:16 PM

don't think it'll do it... might struggle a bit

I have an i5 2500 proc, 2-1Gb GTX 460SC 256MB SLI cards and I can't use ultra settings. my proc runs about 50C and my cards run 75-65C sandwiched together
July 12, 2012 12:55:07 PM

so, what should i upgrade? my cpu? gpu? :) 
Related resources
July 12, 2012 1:02:25 PM

what's the budget?
July 12, 2012 1:08:44 PM

get that CPU up to a quad core (i5 either SB or IB) and the card upgraded as your budget allows.

And get a better quality PSU (Corsair, Antec, Seasonic) - never go cheap on PSU.
July 12, 2012 1:10:13 PM

With the specif you´ve posted you won´t be able to play today's game at max settings.
July 12, 2012 1:10:33 PM

200$ - 300$, but i can stretch my wallet a bit n go for 380$...but, i intend to keep my h61 mobo if possible...i just need feedback on wat i can improve to get ultra settings.. options are open for sli...
July 12, 2012 1:15:08 PM

inanition02 said:
get that CPU up to a quad core (i5 either SB or IB) and the card upgraded as your budget allows.

And get a better quality PSU (Corsair, Antec, Seasonic) - never go cheap on PSU.



oh no, so, wat about my psu currently? do i need to change it?
and should i change my gtx 560 ti? i just bought it last week...
July 12, 2012 1:24:56 PM

1depp1 said:
oh no, so, wat about my psu currently? do i need to change it?
and should i change my gtx 560 ti? i just bought it last week...


Oh. I thought this was a proposed build.

If it's what you already have, I'd up the CPU to a i5 2400 (no reason to get the k series if you keep the H61) and see about adding a second 560 ti - that would probably do ultra settings. I would consider a PSU upgrade, but yours might do it.
July 12, 2012 1:26:59 PM

inanition02 said:
Looks like it might be okay-ish

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cases/display/aerocool...

I don't know that I would trust it for the voltage draw of SLI though.


hmmm...thx for the food for thought though...

regarding my current build, what should i do to get ultra settings for today's games?
my budget is 200 to 350$....
open for sli solutions or cpu change...
a b Î Nvidia
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2012 1:29:34 PM

Get a second GTX 560 Ti. That's your best option.
July 12, 2012 1:32:27 PM

Sunius said:
Get a second GTX 560 Ti. That's your best option.


:ouch:  mobo upgrade then..huhuhuhu...
but, will my i3 2100 handle gtx 560 ti sli? ive read many reviews, and imho, many of them use quad core for benches.. :( 
July 12, 2012 1:34:30 PM

1depp1 said:
hmmm...thx for the food for thought though...

regarding my current build, what should i do to get ultra settings for today's games?
my budget is 200 to 350$....
open for sli solutions or cpu change...


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $209 ($179 after rebate)

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ($189)

After rebates that's $370 and would get you ultra settings I believe.

And as to the PSU, that's the thing with cheaper brands - they're outsourced. You actually have an Andyson 800W (otherwise known as a Hiper 800W) with a fancy outside and one extra control board.

Best solution

July 12, 2012 1:35:41 PM
Share

1depp1 said:
:ouch:  mobo upgrade then..huhuhuhu...
but, will my i3 2100 handle gtx 560 ti sli? ive read many reviews, and imho, many of them use quad core for benches.. :( 


Also, if you're using an OEM version of Win7, it'll mean a new copy of Win (OEM copies are tied to the mobo).
July 12, 2012 1:42:19 PM

inanition02 said:
Also, if you're using an OEM version of Win7, it'll mean a new copy of Win (OEM copies are tied to the mobo).


wow! thanks tion02,
i think ill go for i5 2400, and second gtx 560 ti...
July 12, 2012 1:42:40 PM

Best answer selected by 1depp1.
a c 168 Î Nvidia
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2012 1:55:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!